News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: About The Timeless Beauty  (Read 16294 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
About The Timeless Beauty
« on: February 21, 2010, 01:09:55 AM »
Welcome Beauties -

We believe that women of all ages are beautiful. Society too often discriminates, labeling as beautiful only those women who look like supermodels or Hollywood starlets, but true beauty is much more than such superficial appearances.

Younger women can find plenty of advice for enhancing their natural beauty. We who are noticing the effects of time, however, have not had a place of our own to exchange our ideas and experiences. Until now.

The Timeless Beauty was the first forum created by and for women over 40. Our discussions have ranged from experiences with BB Creams to wearing shimmer eye shadows to uses for argan oil. Other subjects include fashion, fragrance, interests and activities, plus a friendly dose of chat.

One of the most exciting aspects of The Timeless Beauty is how we share our thoughts on beauty, finding ourselves no longer bound by the latest trends - although we do stay informed. We evaluate old favorites and new products, mix in some personal style, and create a timeless beauty that is fashion-forward yet comfortable, a reflection of who we truly are.

Launched in October 2009, The Timeless Beauty has a small but active member base and we are growing steadily. We are primarily located in the U.S., but other countries are represented and more are always welcome. Expanding our membership base is important to us because we love hearing new ideas!  This is not a revenue-generating forum, however - The Timeless Beauty is provided for you, our prospective member, by volunteers.  Everything here is a labor of love.

• If this is your first visit and you have just registered (or you are considering registering) - When you are ready to post, please go right ahead! We know that it can be intimidating to make that first post on a new forum, but rest assured that your questions and comments will be warmly welcomed. Once that flurry of "Welcome!" messages fades you won't turn into a stranger either. Members will love hearing about what brought you here.
  • If you are just venturing into makeup and the product names make your head spin - fear not! You have found an informed, friendly group who are happy to help with appropriate ideas for you.
  • Looking for beauty on a budget? So are we. We share experiences with all price points from the products at your local drugstore to high-end department store products. We also have an up-to-date area dedicated to sales and discount codes.
  • If you've been a beauty aficionado for decades and are looking for others interested in discussing, for example, the merits of boutique brands, you will find like-minded women here.

Please don't hesitate to join an existing topic, ask a question, offer some tips, or create a new topic of interest to you. Even if you have never posted on a forum quite like The Timeless Beauty, we invite you to give us a try. You are also invited to take a look at the topics in Tips, Tricks, and Help. Please, relax and enjoy yourself.

Welcome and have a beautiful day.

SilverCrown and Canie
Administrators

-SilverCrown

Karcha

Re: About The Timeless Beauty
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 04:53:13 PM »
Hi I'm new to the forum looking forward to learning new things, thanks

ashleyflores097

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:33:03 AM »
Hiii
Thanks for such a nice information and warm welcome..
:)

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 04:34:33 AM »
Finally found you again, I'm one happy bunny!
Read your 5 year plan one question I would dearly love to know the answer to as you mentioned speeds and it was something you were looking into. 
My download speeds are over 21 mbs but my upload speed is under 1mbs - is this why it takes such an age moving from one screen to the next???
Because I have family in Australia I belong to beautyheaven.com.au/forums/ they have very recently changed their forum format. It is now extremely easy to use and follow - just thought it may/may not be of interest to you SilverCrown.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 06:24:47 AM »
Welcome, Silverstreak!

I'm not sure what to think about slow load times for you. It could be that, since you are new, pages are being added to your cache and that you will see an increase in speed as you return to pages that you've already visited.

You have roughly the same download and upload speeds that I have and I only occasionally see a page taking longer than usual to load. Every so often I believe our browsers fetch a clean copy of a page from the website rather than pulling most of it from cache. You are in a position where most of your pages are new to your browser so I hope that as you revisit pages to see responses to your posts that you see an improvement in load speeds.

Please keep me posted if you continue to see slow load speeds.
-SilverCrown

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 08:51:26 AM »
Apologies Silver Crown.  Your website is great, because you were computer savvy I thought you might know the answer, it is on 2 other websites that I am suffering, but I'll put it down to their servers.  Because I do a great deal of web research it is irritating.
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

MeganH

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 08:12:54 AM »
I love your forum SilverCrown. As a woman in my 40's it's becoming harder and harder to keep up with my beauty regimine but I'm learning lots on new stuff from you site so thanks.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 05:31:01 AM »
Hi MeganH - welcome to our little group of beauties!  :welcome:
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 11:38:27 AM »
 :welcomepicture: MeganH!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves