News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Shimmer eyeshadows  (Read 6538 times)

anne

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Shimmer eyeshadows
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »
I am very angry to Bobbi Brown right  now - the Sand Tortoise palette has two great colors for me, and ... you can guess it ... they are not available separately.

Oddly enough, they are called Metallics, not shimmers....but they look NICE! (Y┬┤all sure knew BB tells us to put lots of Ivory on first, really pack it in, and only then apply the eye shadows we want to use?)

The ones I like are Desert Sand and Sandy Rose mmmmm... Sandy Rose....
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2011, 12:04:55 PM »
I have heard this complaint about her palettes before.  It's similar to the whole LE situation, but worse because you can't even stock up!  You have my sympathies, dear -- I suggest looking for dupes.

Do you have access to Inglot?  Temptalia says that #402 is similar to Sandy Rose but a bit darker.  For Desert Sand she suggests Urban Decay Blunt (more golden) or MAC Retrospeck.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2011, 05:13:45 PM »
Sometimes BB brings out those palette shades as singles later on, so keep on hoping! I agree with the Inglot suggestion; they have a gazillion shades and the textures are great.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin