News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Do you like "foodie" fragrances?  (Read 2092 times)

castell

• Platinum Member
  • castell
Re: Do you like "foodie" fragrances?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 11:06:14 AM »
addendum: Despite loving foodie scents now, my favorite designer scent was the very heavy Opium.  But I also loved the packaging too. 
I'm laughing at the "Barbie"scent comment below---I've sampled a few that smelled like Kool-aid or like some 'cupcake' dolls my daughter used to collect.  ::shudder:: Or the stickers we give to kids in school!
There are good days and there are bad days and this is one of them.

hopflower

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 09:51:09 PM »
Nope. I do not want to smell like a vanilla coconut cake, or like chocolate pudding, or any candy like type fragrance. I don't mind a certain amount of citrus in a scent; but sweet food is out.

Ammie

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
Yes, I do- in body creams. washes, scrubs and candles.  I've just started getting into some fruity scents like black current.   
  • Complexion: Light with pink undertones but tan easily
  • Eyes: green with yellow flecks and a dark grey rim
  • Hair: medium dark brown with lightish highlights, very thick and almost curly
I still haven't found what I'm looking for- U2.

castell

• Platinum Member
  • castell
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »
I don't like chocolate scents or any fruit scents (except some citrus types)that smell like kool aid.
I like vanilla if it's well-blended with almond or citrus.  I also have some oils that have a distinct but not unpleasant 'boozy' note.  I've found some foodie/cookie type scents that I adore, but they all have something else added-I'm not good at identifying 'notes'-whatever else is in there,that for me, adds some extra seductiveness and fun.
I used to think I wanted a signature scent, but not anymore. I love experimenting with different scents and combinations.

Kelly

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »
I'm not a big fan of chocolate or vanilla (or some of the other odd fragrances by companies like Demeter. Smell like a brewery anyone?)

But I LOVE the Body Shop Pink Grapefruit line. When I have the winter blues, I'll slather some body butter on and get an instant lift. Or at least I used to, back when I could smell things. :(

castell

• Platinum Member
  • castell
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
I'm not a big fan of chocolate or vanilla (or some of the other odd fragrances by companies like Demeter. Smell like a brewery anyone?)

Ha! Years ago, I bought, I think, grass.  It smelled like...grass. Anyway, I found them overpriced and not worth a return purchase.

Emma Peel

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
I love The Body Shop Strawberry body butter and a coconut mango body lotion I bought at a hotel in Hawaii.

CathyEarnshaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 12:26:35 PM »
I like vanilla and I really love Luctor and Emergo, which is classified as a gourmand scent. It doesn't seem foody to me, though.

In general, I don't like them. I prefer light florals and citrus for spring/summer and spicy, amber, patchouli or incense for fall/winter.
  • Complexion: Fair, Combination
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: grey, straight, average thickness, dry

Anita

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2010, 06:38:27 AM »
I love Orgins Ginger, but that is about the only food fragrance I like.  Unless lavender counts-I love drying and using my home grown lavender in sachets.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2010, 07:57:41 AM »
I love Origins Ginger as well but I've never thought of it as a food scent, just herbal and fresh.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Une Femme

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
Lime, pink grapefruit and fig are the only foodie scents I really enjoy.  Or very modest amounts of vanilla in a body lotion.  I prefer all of these in lotions or candles; not perfume.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »
absolutely not, at all! But I'm real picky about scent anyway. I go with the following way:

"I'm drawn to mysterious, sensual, smoky, womanly scents with amber, sandalwood, patchouli, and/or musk in them.  Rowrrr."

that's me. Opium, just a drop or two, as it's heavy, but perfect on me. The bottle I have will last for the rest of my life...