News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: About Registering and Some Features  (Read 5279 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
About Registering and Some Features
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:56:46 AM »
Based on experience and a few questions, here are a few pieces of information that might help you get started:

• Your password must be complex; it must include at least 8 characters, using upper and lower case and at least one number. It cannot contain any part of your username or your e-mail address. This is for your protection.
  • Your e-mail address is visible to you in your Profile but not to others if you check the box to hide it from others.
  • Under the My Messages tab at the top you can send and receive private messages. The first five (5) messages will require a "captcha' type code; this is to prevent spamming by bots.
  • You can send a PM to up to 10 people at one time.
  • You can reverse the order in which posts are displayed. The default is to show oldest first. To show newest first:

Click on the Profile tab at the top. Then click on Account Settings and Modify Profile.  Choose Look and Layout from the drop-down menu . Once there, scroll down to Show Most Recent Posts at the Top and check that box.

I will be adding to this list from time to time as I receive questions or simply to point out more features. And please, either post to the Technical Suggestions board or write directly to me with any questions or problems you encounter. We want this to be as easy as possible for you.
-SilverCrown