News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: What Delightful Beauties You Are  (Read 4273 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
What Delightful Beauties You Are
« on: August 18, 2010, 11:30:22 PM »
Beauties -

I haven't issued an update in a long time. There are two reasons.

• 1. You are a wonderful, eclectic, fun group and I am so happy to see how things are buzzing along. I haven't had to publicly address anything in a long time. I am amazed at the knowledge that it shared here. Makeup and skincare are obviously the largest categories (and growing all the time with great information) but I see wonderful thoughts posted everywhere.

It also feels like humor is wide ranging and either well received or politely endured/ignored.  Canie and I truly do read each and every post. We have operated for a long time with no reports of problems.

• 2. I am quietly working in the background on improving The Timeless Beauty. We have some ideas brewing but they take time to fine tune and implement so don't expect any changes for at least a few weeks. The changes are intended to meet two needs.

First, I am always trying to find ways to make it easier to share the information one wishes to share (strictly on TTB). We have had requests for reviews and a couple of other small things like avatars that we're either still in early stages of discussion or nearing implementation.

Second, (unless you're a techie, get ready for eyes to glaze over) I have to plan for the future of the forum. So I am in the early stages of preparing to upgrade the server software upon which our forum is based. Our theme for TTB (the "look" and exact functions) is not supported on the new software so I have been testing new themes. One is quite similar to this one but has more flexibility and another looks more business-like so that those who visit TTB from work (on break, of course) can select a less colorful theme. My most important criterion for both themes is that they be very easy for you, our existing members, to use.

I made the decision to upgrade sooner rather than later because I am beginning to see an increase in registrations. It is much easier to upgrade with a smaller membership (fewer members to be caught by a bug :) ).

A Couple of Other Notes

1. Please bear in mind ours is an international audience. I encourage every member to write as you would to a friend. I love learning about the many ways the only language I know (I still intend to learn another) is used. I read a little bit of fun with interpretation in a topic and I felt that the comments were good-natured and funny. I hope those involved felt the same way.

I also hope that all of us remember that these kinds of language usage differences will happen from time to time and they can go both ways. Please don't feel constrained to use only U.S. phrasing. Instead let's share this bit of culture and maybe learn something along the way. I truly want each of you to be comfortable being yourself when you come here.

2. There will almost certainly come a time when someone crosses a line in one way or another. Canie and I try to be on top of these things but if ever a member views an objectionable post or receives an objectionable personal message, be aware that you can report them.

At the bottom of every post, on the right side is a link in blue letters: Report to moderator. Similarly, on each personal message you will find a link on the right side at the bottom in blue letters: Report to Admin. Use these links to report posts or PMs.

What to report: spam, personal attacks, anything you believe is offensive or otherwise inappropriate, anything that makes you feel uncomfortable on TTB.

Understand that reporting a post or PM does not guarantee anything more than a response. We will definitely examine the post or PM (this is the ONLY time administrators can see a PM) in question and make a determination upon what, if any, action is necessary.

You are such a wonderful group of women that I feel like I'm preaching to the choir. But most forums have a very small percentage of trolls (call them what you will) and I think we have been very lucky thus far. I want you to know how to help keep TTB the safe and fun site that it has become should the need arise.

Thank you, Beauties, for sharing all that you do.
-SilverCrown

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
Re: What Delightful Beauties You Are
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:43:44 PM »
Thank you so much, SilverCrown and Canie, for all the work and love you continually pour into this site. It is appreciated and important in ways I can't even begin to say! Kudos to you!!  :heartthrob:
Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder.-- Miuccia Prada
www.shopquotidienne.com

Ammie

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:54:44 AM »
Veuve said it best- thanks to you and Canie for a wonderful welcoming beauty site.
  • Complexion: Light with pink undertones but tan easily
  • Eyes: green with yellow flecks and a dark grey rim
  • Hair: medium dark brown with lightish highlights, very thick and almost curly
I still haven't found what I'm looking for- U2.

LemonMyrtle

• Platinum Member
  • Hello Possums!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »
Ditto ditto.

This site is friendly, fun, informative and feels safe.

If the following comment is incendiary, I'll understand if it doesn't appear. But I just wanted to say that I've noticed only one recent opinion posted that seemed uncomfortably reminiscent of an attitude seen in another place. That's an excellent record for a forum like this, isn't it?

Congratulations on TTB's achievements thus far. Delightful beauties indeed, and a delightful place to visit.
  • Eyes: Hazel
  • Hair: Grey
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

lipstick

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »
Et encore, ditto (or however you say it en fran├žais!)