News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: CND Shellac  (Read 12695 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Re: CND Shellac
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 08:48:56 AM »
What in the world could she have been talking about?  Must be one of those urban legends!
I don't know either.  I'm still going for it!
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 10:03:19 AM »
I have been doing CND manicures since I first read about them sometime last Spring or early Summer. There is nothing painful about the application or the removal. I even had a CND peducure right after Thanksgiving, and only had it removed last week. Except for the new growth, my pedi still looked perfect. I have had French manicures with CND, and they have held up perfectly between appointments. I go every 2 weeks, but only because the new growth is so evident after 2 weeks, not because the shellac is no longer perfect. I think my nail technician has a lot to do with this. She had the formal training in it, and the salon bought the CND instructional CDs and literature so that she could properly train everyone else.

My nails have never been in better shape. They are strong and flexible now. They seem to grow much faster than they used to, but that's only because they never chip, split, or peel.
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
I hope you all are remembering to put sunscreen on your hands. Those UVA rays are mean!

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 02:54:18 PM »
I hope you all are remembering to put sunscreen on your hands. Those UVA rays are mean!

The regular nail dryers at my salon (and lots of others) also use UV light along with a fan. The CND drying time is a lot less than using the dryers. About 4 minute (possibly 3 - one minute each coat , as opposed to the 2 five-minute cycles under the dryers with regular lacquer. But sunscreen, every day, is never a bad idea!

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »
I got  my CND manicure today!  Very dark red. Like Vamp I think.
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
I got  my CND manicure today!  Very dark red. Like Vamp I think.

Yay! Bet your nails look vampy. :)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2011, 06:57:03 PM »
LOL.  I loved not having to wait to dry! 

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2011, 04:31:00 PM »
I have to tell you all that this has been a wonderful treat for me.  I've never had a manicure last like this.  Usually it's chipping off within 3 or 4 days no matter where I have it done.   I'm rough on my hands and nails - never wear gloves while cleaning or washing dishes.  I am so pleased!  :nail:

I haven't experienced the removal as of yet though.  I hope it's not too difficult.  I'll probably try to go back in another week or so.  Also, my nails have never been this long!  Clicking while I type.  :lol:     I'll definitely have them shortened back to "normal" for me when I go back.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2011, 05:52:50 PM »
Removal is a piece of cake. You soak for about 5 minutes in acetone and they scrape right off. I'm having a new Shellac done tomorrow!
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2011, 05:56:05 PM »
Removal is a piece of cake. You soak for about 5 minutes in acetone and they scrape right off. I'm having a new Shellac done tomorrow!

Me, too, tomorrow. :)  I think I'm going to do French. Ooo la la!

They remove mine with no scraping. They soak cotton in acetone, place it on my nails, and wrap them in foil for 5 minutes. Then they lift off the Shellac from each nail in one piece using an orange stick and a tweezer. This process still amazes and amuses me.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2011, 06:49:42 PM »

Me, too, tomorrow. :)  I think I'm going to do French. Ooo la la!

They remove mine with no scraping. They soak cotton in acetone, place it on my nails, and wrap them in foil for 5 minutes. Then they lift off the Shellac from each nail in one piece using an orange stick and a tweezer. This process still amazes and amuses me.

Where I went, this is how she said she does it also.

Do you know what color you'll get tomorrow, BB?

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
I haven't decided on a color yet. I don't know if the new ones are available yet either.
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
CND Shellac has added 12 more colors to the original 12. I went three weeks with no chipping last time. Today I got Beau, a soft, somewhat sheer, pink. My nails look gawjuss.