News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: butter LONDON recent haul (Aston, Queen Vic, Rosie Lee)  (Read 2900 times)

Kelly

butter LONDON recent haul (Aston, Queen Vic, Rosie Lee)
« on: November 19, 2010, 03:03:45 PM »
As I'd posted in a different topic, Yummy Mummy is only good on my hands if my skin is very pale and calm. The moment my hands show any pinkness, everything gets thrown off.

For that reason I will be returning (untried) All Hail the Queen, since it's a "winter" version of Yummy Mummy, Fash Pack, and British Racing Green. The colors of the last two are beautiful, really stunning, but they're too trendy for my life. (All Hail also arrived broken.)

The ones I am keeping:

Aston is called toffee, but I see a shimmering rosy-brown-beige color similar to Chanel Rose Confidentiel. Very neutral and work appropriate. I'd say it's slightly warm, but it even works on my reddened hands.

Queen Vic is a rich deep berry cream (no shimmer), but my favorite of the lot is Rosie Lee, which appears to be thick silvery-rose glitter suspended in clear polish. I haven't tried Rosie Lee on yet, and I worry that it will be rough and chunky on my nails. I also suspect I will need more than 2 coats to get that gorgeous color, but gorgeous it is. Very festive.

I few things I have noticed about this brand:

- No stinky nail polish smell! So I can sneak a coat on at work and no one will know.
- Dries quickly with a rubbery finish, like latex paint.
- Like latex, I can file smooth a chip and repaint without seeing any flaws.

My manicure has been going strong since Sunday, and I can definitely get away with the same nail polish tomorrow, when I have shopping, lunch, and dinner plans out of the state.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
Re: butter LONDON recent haul (Aston, Queen Vic, Rosie Lee)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »
 :lol: Fash Pack is too trendy but glitter isn't? ???

I haven't worn my Fash Pack yet. Still working on my Shellac. I cannot wait to try it, though, since the formula sounds unique and divine.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »
:lol: Fash Pack is too trendy but glitter isn't? ???

The glitter is my color. :lol:

Fash Pack reminded me of the Chanel color that came our for fall, which I already swapped. A taupey mushroom color. Pretty, but people kept staring at my hands, and I figure that's never a good thing.

I haven't worn my Fash Pack yet. Still working on my Shellac. I cannot wait to try it, though, since the formula sounds unique and divine.

One word of caution. I have an old bottle of Maybelline Wet Shine in clear (a product long discontinued), and when I used it as a top coat, it really softened the polish. Nothing a little OPI Dry couldn't fix, but if you use a top coat by another brand, just be cautious until the polish dries.

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:38:16 AM »
I use British Racing Green on my toes.

Aston sounds lovely, I may need to pick that up some time. I'm really liking butterLondon polishes.
Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder.-- Miuccia Prada
www.shopquotidienne.com