News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Anyone here use Healthy Hoof (or similar) nail treatments?  (Read 2123 times)

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
Anyone here use Healthy Hoof (or similar) nail treatments?
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:50:56 AM »
Never thought I'd be posting here, because I have the world's worst nails (weak, splitting, dry,and will probably always be that way because of handwashing required working with cat rescues). 

After years of trying all sorts of nail and cuticle treatments, I went cheap and tried a big jar of Healthy Hoof nail and cuticle cream for all of $3.50.  Magic alert!!!  Nothing has ever strengthened my nails and caused them to grow faster than this stuff.  I like it so much I don't want to read the ingredients, I'm afraid there is something in there that I shouldn't be using.  Also tried a product with a similar name from Sally Beauty Supply, same price, and it seems to work just as well.  Another of those "why didn't I discover this years ago?????" moments.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Anyone here use Healthy Hoof (or similar) nail treatments?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:31:04 AM »
What a great find!  I know I have seen this product on the shelf - probably at Wal-Mart.  How is the smell, BTW?
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 02:39:18 PM »
It has a herbal smell, maybe a little camphor-y (very very slight).  Smell dissipates quickly, but I rather like the smell, it smells fresh.  Not at all floral, and doesn't smell "synthetic" either (synthetic smells make me gag).

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »
Thank you!  That doesn't sound too bad.  I was worried about using it before bed since I sleep with my hands near my face.

hopflower

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 10:46:25 AM »
This is excellent news to me, who has the same problem with nails. I work in a nursery and move fruit trees, shrubs, heel-in bare-root plants, and just the routine tasks, which can be hard on hands; with or without gloves. I am going down to look for a jar of this today.

A big thank you for letting me know about it. I have looked around for years, and could never decide what to get with the endless choices of "for dry nails, brittle nails, soft nails, peeling nails",etc.; which one was I?  :lol:

It is worth a try.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:49:47 PM »
I am so glad you brought this topic back to my attention, hopflower.  I had forgotten I wanted to try this stuff.  Actually, I want to get two of them, because my husband needs some, too.  He might actually use it if it doesn't smell pretty! :D