News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Just Used a Great Deep Conditioning Hair Mask...  (Read 1314 times)

DivaDebbi

• Gold Member
Just Used a Great Deep Conditioning Hair Mask...
« on: November 27, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »
I try to deep condition my hair at least twice a month.  I cheat and microwave it, distribute it, clip it up, leave it on for about 15 minutes and then shampoo.  I have used lots of products, from Philip Kingsley and Bumble and Bumble, to cheapies like Garnier and Neutrogena, all with reasonable results.

I have a goodie closet with products that are sent to me to review.  Just tried Amika ObliPHicaoil Nourishing Mask.  All I can say is WOWZA!  :grin: Super SHINEY, silky and manageable after blow drying.
It is an enormous tub and it costs $40.  Might take years to get to the bottom.

I knew nothing of Amika and just looked them up on line.  Apparently it is a brand that is dedicated to hair care exclusively, including producing their own blow dryers.  Anyone familiar with them?  I would be willing to try other products...
Don't sweat the small stuff...really, don't. :)

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Just Used a Great Deep Conditioning Hair Mask...
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
I never heard of Amika but their marketing team really needs to come up with a better name for that conditioner! It sounds like some generic pharmaceutical. :lol:
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

mimiface

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
I love to experiment with different masks... to repair my hair on the weekend following week of blow-outs and dried out hair.  just tried one that i love called Leonor Greyl Fleur de Jasmin Mask , has a light jasmine scent and my hair feels so soft and shiny afterwards, ready for the next week of blowdrying

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:54:54 PM by Canie »

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »
I love MoroccanOil Restrative Mask. But I am bookmarking the Amika as a possible option. How big is his enormous tub you speak of?  16oz?  I would love to find a cheaper alternative to MORM, but for now, nothing beats it for me so I splurge on it.   
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 08:09:15 PM »
I looked it up...16.9 oz.  You use a quarter-sized amount.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce