News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Fat Foam Hair Color from Wal-Mart  (Read 1429 times)

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
Fat Foam Hair Color from Wal-Mart
« on: January 10, 2011, 08:26:57 AM »
I tried Fat Foam hair color because it looked so easy to use. You mix a developer with powder hair color in a giant cup, shake it up, and it's a foam that you slap on your hair with gloved hands. I did this Saturday morning and it looks just as good as any other boxed color I've used. I loved the method of application. More than that, I loved the shampoo and conditioner packets that came with the color. I hope they decide to sell those separately. (Even though I use WEN, I still use regular or sulfate-free shampoo once a week for clarifying.)

Anyone else try this hair color yet?
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

Re: Fat Foam Hair Color from Wal-Mart
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
Never heard of it, but I will keep it in mind when I get tired of doing the time-consuming henna process.

I am glad it worked for you. Testing new color products can be a nail-biting activity.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »
It's only sold at Wal-Mart (my least favorite place to shop.) I've got to see how it "wears" over time before deciding whether or not to repurchase.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 08:33:58 AM »
I am kind of glad a Wal-Mart or Target are not very convenient. As in, I have to go out of my way to go to one.

It's not the stores I mind as much as that all products seem to be made in China.

I wonder where hair color is made!