News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Poll

What Anti Aging ingredients are you using in your daily skincare routine?

Vitamin A (Retinol, Tretinoin and Retinyl Palmitate)
17 (16.2%)
Vitamin C Ascorbic Acid
10 (9.5%)
Vitamin E (Tocopherol)
4 (3.8%)
Vitamin K
1 (1%)
Alpha-Hydroxy Acids(AHA's)
12 (11.4%)
Beta Hydroxy Acids(Salicylic Acid)
8 (7.6%)
CoEnzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone)
4 (3.8%)
DMAE
3 (2.9%)
Ellagic Acid / Anti-Oxidants
0 (0%)
Green Tea
3 (2.9%)
Hyaluronic Acid
9 (8.6%)
Sea Buckthorn
3 (2.9%)
Peptides (Gene,DNA Technology)
6 (5.7%)
Plastic Surgery or Botox
2 (1.9%)
Blue Peels, Acid Peels other Profi Peeling
0 (0%)
Sunscreen/ SPF
15 (14.3%)
Shea Butter
2 (1.9%)
Essential Oils (like rose, etc)
4 (3.8%)
Other miracle cure/ Ayurveda,Yoga etc
2 (1.9%)
None - I do not believe in Anti-Aging
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: POLL: What are the active Anti Aging ingredients in your daily Routine  (Read 6860 times)

Canie

• Administrator
Re: POLL: What are the active Anti Aging ingredients in your daily Routine
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »
We actually enjoy long, informative answers such as yours.  No need to apologize - just keep them coming.
-Canie

Eurodivas

• Gold Member
  • Please bring back Magic Liquid Powder in Deep
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »
I am a bit surprised to see that so far no one used Chemical or Acid peels.  Any reason why?
Vanity should have no boundaries regardless of age!

Kelly

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 09:50:47 AM »
Personally, it would be too much for my skin, and I can't afford the down time of walking around with lobster face.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »
I am a bit surprised to see that so far no one used Chemical or Acid peels.  Any reason why?
I've had a chemical peel once and it really didn't do much for me. I think when you use an AHA and/or BHA daily, the chemical peels don't make a drastic difference. Now, a TCA peel or Obagi Blue Peel is another story. Those are very strong and leave you red and peeling for days. I don't care to go through that.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Marielle

• Bronze Member
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2011, 12:07:26 PM »
I can't find my answer in the poll but it's Renovage.
I use a Firming Moisturizer by Silk Naturals ( MMU company) and it contains Renovage.  must say, it helps me.. uneven skin, lines, definately less noticable.
So for the moment, I am sticking with this moisturizer. I like it a lot!

Mim

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2011, 04:34:43 PM »
Even though I use retin a and BHA, my face occasionally gets to needing a good acid treatment.  I like the lactic acid from MUAC - just kind of freshens your skin without any downtime. I don't do well with glycolic.  I had a TCA peel - 18% I think - at derm.  Almost two weeks of downtime!  I now use TCA, 12%, from MUAC as a spot treatment.

LauraJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 12:03:54 AM »
Just really starting to pay more attention to my skincare.

I have used Retin A for years for jawline acne, but continue to use it for anti aging purposes and the fact that my freckles have faded almost completely.

I started using Kiehl's Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate (with 10.5% Vit C).  It is my first Vit C product and I saw very nice results within the first week.  My forehead looks smoother and has a glow.  It works excellent as a primer, too.  1 sample packet lasted me over a week, which is good b/c I hate shelling $$$ for bunk SC.

I'm thinking of getting PC's BHA next, but the reviews seems all over the place- some love it, some say it made their skin a war zone ???

Just started using Replenix Cream (with Green Tea).  I think it has helped my seborrhic dermatitis and redness.  I am also testing Glycolix Elite Ultra Lite Facial Cream and Citrix Antioxidant Sunscreen SPF 30.

I just started experimenting with OCM and seeing what combos of oil work best for me.  I really enjoy sitting down and massaging it into my face- relaxing.  I tried to talk DH into doing it for me but that was a no-go :-[

Kelly

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 07:09:39 AM »
I'm thinking of getting PC's BHA next, but the reviews seems all over the place- some love it, some say it made their skin a war zone ???

I loved it.

My skin did erupt a bit after I started using acids (and I don't usually get acne, except maybe a single pimple once or twice a year), but I have always attributed the zitness to a new product bringing buried "treasure" to the surface.

I have no science to back that up. :D  But it does seem to happen to me when I change skincare that targets pores/acne.

Eurodivas

• Gold Member
  • Please bring back Magic Liquid Powder in Deep
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 03:53:52 PM »
I have always attributed the zitness to a new product bringing buried "treasure" to the surface.

lol.. then about 90% of all products do this to me.  I must be a treasure chest. 
Vanity should have no boundaries regardless of age!

merlot

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2011, 05:26:50 PM »
BHA works well for me.  I have one from Bare Escentuals that I'm using right now.  Paula's Choice also works really well

Sunscreen: I use daily.  CeraVe AM and Elta MD

Tried a sample of Philosophy Anti-aging serum and it felt really good.  It has peptides.  It will probably be my next purchase.