News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Have you bought your cat an ipad yet?  (Read 3219 times)

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
Have you bought your cat an ipad yet?
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »
For some laughs, do a search on youtube for cat and ipad. 

Apparently there are even websites where you post your cat's scores on competitive ipad games.
I know someone who says he bought an ipad for his cat...his cat is spoiled, but I think he was just using the cat as an excuse to buy another computer, because his wife was more likely to approve that way.

I really want an ipad, but I told the cats they have to wait until after Apple's next product announcement.

Kelly

Re: Have you bought your cat an ipad yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 10:21:18 PM »
Can you imagine the cost of getting each cat its own ipad? :lol:

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 10:32:02 PM »
Yes, but avoiding all the cat fighting is priceless.   :wink:
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:12:54 PM »
hahahaha
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:03:17 AM »
LOL  :lol:
sometimes I miss having a cat.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Kelly

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »
I could never not have a cat; I just enjoy their antics too much. And having Hannibal crawl under the covers on winter mornings and put his cold little nose against my back. :D

I feel it is my obligation to be dog free right now. Dogs need a human around or they pine, and my hours are just too nuts. But one day I will have dogs again, too.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 08:17:17 AM »
Let me know when you get your cats an iphone so I can call them. :rollseyes:
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 08:29:15 AM »
No iPhone in this house. We refuse to switch from the uber reliable Verizon to the spotty, dropped-calls AT&T.

And, for the record, NO ONE talks to my cats. THEY speak to YOU, and only then are you allowed. Sheesh.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »
And, for the record, NO ONE talks to my cats. THEY speak to YOU, and only then are you allowed. Sheesh.
LOL  :D

No iPhone in this house. We refuse to switch from the uber reliable Verizon to the spotty, dropped-calls AT&T.
I'm not getting it, but, I read that Verizon will be selling the iPhone next month.   I hate how big the phones have all gotten.  I'm keeping my little chocolate till it dies on me!
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 08:51:08 AM »
Zuzu, we have Verizon, too, and I plan on getting the iphone when it comes out in February!
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
If I can get an iPhone on Verizon, I will consider it. Until then, I am sticking with my little flip phone.

I'm trying to avoid getting a smartphone, in any case. But DH loves his Droid.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »
We have Verizon at our house too.   For work though, my H wanted AT&T because he wanted an iPhone.  THis is a hoot because he is the most tech-challenged man you could meet!  He has no clue as to all the iPhone is capable of doing, and sometimes he just sits on the sofa and stares at it. LOL.  He has my DD (12) "fix" it for him.   :rollseyes:   And, it's a pain because Verizon works so much better for us.

If I had a smartphone, I'd probably never get anything done - I could see myself constantly checking things online.    As it is, I always have my laptop open in the kitchen.   :D   (Plus, I'm cheap!  I don't feel like spending all that extra money each month for the data package)

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 10:43:07 AM »
 (Plus, I'm cheap!  I don't feel like spending all that extra money each month for the data package)
That's the only thing that may hold me back. I'm not sure it would be worth the $30 a month since I won't be using it at work at all, just eves and weekends. On the other hand, it would function as a camera (I don't have a digital one right now) and the touch screen would be fun to use. So many apps, so little time! :grin:

Kelly

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
Plus, you can listen to music on it. If you already own an iPod, it would be one less thing to carry. And watch movies, too!

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 12:48:59 PM »
Plus, you can listen to music on it. If you already own an iPod, it would be one less thing to carry. And watch movies, too!
I doubt I'd watch movies on my phone. I'd probably need binoculars!  :PI prefer the big screen TV.

Kelly

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 01:26:40 PM »
:rofl;  Seriously, all these kids are going to ruin their eyes by watching those itty bitty screens.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 10:07:07 PM »
:rofl:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »

My cat gives me that "You are DISTURBING me" look of freezing annoyance, unless she initiates the conversation. :)
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »
Exactly. Or it's that, "You may adore me now," look. I get that a lot, too.  :wink:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 09:29:46 AM »
One of our cats is very vocal. We call him "whiner" or "fussy" (his name is Rufus). If he's not hungry (and he's huge so he's usually hungry) he will vocalize until I pet him. Then he gives little short "mrawr" sounds as if saying "Yes, that's right." and "Don't stop."

He also steals my comfy computer chair every evening so I roll him and it out of the way and pull in a straight back chair from my vanity that's nearby. Then he sprawls in luxury while I practice sitting like a Victorian lady. Hmph!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

Kelly

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 09:49:16 AM »
He also steals my comfy computer chair every evening so I roll him and it out of the way and pull in a straight back chair from my vanity that's nearby. Then he sprawls in luxury while I practice sitting like a Victorian lady. Hmph!

:rofl: I do the exact same thing. Or I will read in bed in an ungodly uncomfortable position because the cat is taking the best spot, and I cannot possibly disturb teh kitteh.

SuePhilly

• Platinum Member
  • Namaste.
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
I confess that I hate cats.  Well, that's not exactly true.  It's just that they hate me.

That being said, my ex husband insisted that we have a cat and a dog.  The dog, Simon, was eventually put on prozac [but that's another story].  The cat, who hated me [but that's another story], one day crawled into a paper bag.  The dog, fascinated by the moving bag, began chasing it.  The cat started running in the bag, fell down the stairs [still in the bag] and emerged shaking its head in complete confusion.  That was the ONLY time the cat amused me.  In fact, I laughed so hard that I cried.
  • Complexion: Pale dry skin
  • Hair: Faux blond
Age is a state of mind.

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
I confess that I hate cats.  Well, that's not exactly true.  It's just that they hate me.

That being said, my ex husband insisted that we have a cat and a dog.  The dog, Simon, was eventually put on prozac [but that's another story].  The cat, who hated me [but that's another story], one day crawled into a paper bag.  The dog, fascinated by the moving bag, began chasing it.  The cat started running in the bag, fell down the stairs [still in the bag] and emerged shaking its head in complete confusion.  That was the ONLY time the cat amused me.  In fact, I laughed so hard that I cried.

Mr. SilverCrown is going to laugh his ... well, he's going to laugh very hard at this. :lol:

(We have 2 cats, 3 dogs.)
-SilverCrown