News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Please meet Cindy Joseph, one very inspirational woman!  (Read 2645 times)

Ammie

• Ageless Beauty
Please meet Cindy Joseph, one very inspirational woman!
« on: February 01, 2011, 06:33:14 PM »
We are so lucky to have Cindy Joseph as our first guest on Center Stage.  I'm going to tell you about her, including some of what she had to say in an email to me.  What's even more exciting is that Cindy has graciously offered to respond to the questions you send me!!

Okay - here we go!  If you're a baby boomer like me or born shortly afterwards, you too breathed the air of rebellion and will understand why Cindy chose the path she did. 

At first she, like most of us, was caught up in the use of makeup to cover flaws.  Cindy, however, realized how this negatively impacted our self-esteem and decided to effect change from behind the camera by becoming a makeup artist.  A successful makeup artist who used a natural cosmetic style to influence and show us another side of beauty.

To further her desire for self-knowledge, she studied human behavior, psychology, philosophy and health and fitness.  Inspiring, right?

And then, at age 49, she was approached to become a model for Dolce and Gabbana!  She is now a member of the Ford Modeling Agency and has been on countless magazine covers.  She also has a monthly blog called "Just Cindy" and writes a column for Experience Life magazine.

Rest assured that this woman knows her stuff and lays particular emphasis on what makes a woman beautiful inside and out. You'll also find that, in accordance with her philosophies, she's developed three makeup/skincare products for women of a certain age. This is not an advertisement but I tried her Color and Glimmer sticks and love them both.

To understand Cindy a little more and to help formulate your questions for her, here is what Cindy had to say to me:

"I like living amongst my sisters rather than have them put me on a pedestal.  That would be too lonely.  I have saggy skin, cellulite, bad days and eat too much, like most of my friends.  We all grew up in this beauty-worshiping, youth-worshiping society together.  We were all bombarded by the same messages.  As a result, doubts running through our heads about our value, our worth, our attractiveness run rampant.  Doubt is the sidekick that lurks in the wings and pops out to scare us unannounced."

Cindy is one of those few women who has experience both behind the scenes and in front of the camera. As one of our moderators put it she is a veritable Renaissance woman.  We are fortunate that in addition to inquiries about beauty and skin care, Cindy would love us to ask her personal questions as well.  So, my beauties, let's get cracking and learn as much as we can from this beauty icon.

Our next installment will contain your questions and Cindy's responses.

More details about her life and her blog can be found on her website at www.boombycindyjoseph.com.
  • Complexion: Light with pink undertones but tan easily
  • Eyes: green with yellow flecks and a dark grey rim
  • Hair: medium dark brown with lightish highlights, very thick and almost curly
I still haven't found what I'm looking for- U2.

Marcia

• Platinum Member
Re: Please meet Cindy Joseph, one very inspirational woman!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »
This is so informative. I love that Cindy's modeling career started at 49, an age that most women have given up by. It goes to show that we are as young as we think we are.

I'd love to know what her skincare regimen is so I hope you include that in your talks with her.

Ammie

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »
I'll add that to my list of questions; thanks, Marcia!

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 11:02:17 PM »
Skincare is indeed a great question, would love to hear her thoughts on that.

Also, does Cindy have any thoughts about changes like eyebrows and eyelashes fading and/or greying?
What does she do (or recommend), if anything, for emphasizing eyes, especially for special occasions?

I know Cindy believes we should embrace our gray hair (can't get myself to do that, yet) and she has long hair (love it) but does she have any specific tips about hair care and/or styling? 

Ammie

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »
Thank you for the questions you posed, ddgattina.  Your question about grey hair is addressed in the newest post.  I'm not sure if we'll have a chance to ask Cindy more questions in the future, but if we do, your questions about brows and eyes will be reserved until then.