News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum  (Read 1448 times)

Kelly

Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:04 AM »
Has anyone her tried this serum to grow back sparse brows?

Ratings are not good on MUA unless you sort by the 44-55 age group (no reviews from anyone older), and the two who used it really liked it.

marci65

• Platinum Member
Re: Anastasia Brow Enhancing Serum
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 10:11:10 AM »
I will be watching for posts about this. The lady who threads my brows recommended almond oil to help fill in sparseness. I was placing a vitacost order anyway so I ordered some. I figured it's cheap enough. She said a bunch of women have told her that it works. I am skeptical but figured I could afford to waste the $5-ish if it doesn't really work

How much is the Anastasia product?
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

Kelly

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »
$36. A bit pricey/risky, but if it works, it will be worth its weight in gold. A thyroid condition has really done a number on my hair all over my body.

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 10:29:00 AM »
Same here, with thyroid condition since pre-teen years.  I Amy try this in a few months if the almond oil doesn't work. Looking on Sephora to 'favorite' it now.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

Kelly

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »
It definitely seems to work better on the over-40 crowd, which makes sense. It might not allow overplucked areas to grow back (thankfully I don't have much of that), but I am hoping it helps stimulate growth that the nasty thyroid took away.

Even my eyelashes became more sparse, but I don't want to use a treatment so close to my eyeballs!