News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Keratin Express Treatment  (Read 2822 times)

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
Keratin Express Treatment
« on: February 03, 2011, 10:04:03 AM »
As many of you know, I had the Brazilian Blowout (keratin) treatment done last summer. I could have practially made a mortgage payment with the cost of the treatment, color, and cut. It lasted about three months. Last Saturday, I had the new express version done at a different salon. Instead of a cream, it's a liquid that is applied to the hair just enough to wet it but not saturate it until it drips. It's then blown dry and flat ironed like the original treatment. It's much cheaper and is supposed to last about six weeks.

My hair was pin straight after the treatment and I was able to easily get it straight on my own after washing it. Today I decided to let it air dry and see if the frizz is truly gone. My hair has great waves and is silky and shiny. If this lasts six weeks, I will be thrilled. (I am at work, so no pics for now.)
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Keratin Express Treatment
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
A friend of mine mentioned that she had this done and I can't remember how long it lasted on her. She told me to try it and I may. We're meeting up with them this weekend for Superbowl. I'm inquire about it some more but would love to hear how long yours lasted.

Can't wait to see pix!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 02:36:10 PM »
I'm in my 4th week and I'm still not a frizzy ball of fluff! I'm hoping to extend the treatment a bit with the new OTC John Frieda keratin spray and maybe just get this done every 2-3 months. Yay!
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:33:22 PM »
Good news, BB. Do you have to do anything special with your hair after treatment? That is, can you heat style it?

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
I can blow it dry, flatiron it if I want (which I rarely do) or even let it dry naturally -- I have gentler curls minus the frizz. Bring on the humid summer!

Kelly

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 08:55:02 PM »
And each treatment lasts at least 3 months? Sign me up! Though I have no curls or frizz, so I don't know if would do anything nice for my hair.

Is this the procedure where you had to mortgage your home, or was that another one? :D

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
And each treatment lasts at least 3 months? Sign me up! Though I have no curls or frizz, so I don't know if would do anything nice for my hair.

Is this the procedure where you had to mortgage your home, or was that another one? :D
You would not benefit from this so save your money for some more Chantecaille! The process I had last June was not the "express" version and is not something I could continue to do.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
Oprah mentioned this treatment recently. Works great for her.
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.