News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Great hairdryer on Sale, wish I'd waited...  (Read 2076 times)

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
Great hairdryer on Sale, wish I'd waited...
« on: February 11, 2011, 04:36:45 PM »
I'm really really happy with my new Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium hairdryer  (remember that thread a while back?) , it really does make a huge difference in drying time and how my hair looks.  And well-made, it really is a pro quality machine, my hair stylist uses it.

If anyone is thinking about springing for a new one, I just got an email from a beauty supply place near me that's a real deal:  the hairdryer for $99 AND a free Babyliss hair iron too.  Shipping is 4.95, and since it's a Calif.  only store, no tax if you are outside Calif. 

http://www.peninsulabeauty.com/babyliss_pro_limited_time_only_package_b_babyliss_pro_professional_nano_titanium_with_free_babyliss_pro_nano_titanium_and_ceramic_curling_iron_1_5_c573_p33397.htm

I'm still happy with it even though I paid about $125 after all discounts, so no real regrets. 
Don't mean to tempt anyone, but if you are looking to buy a hairdryer...

Kelly

Re: Great hairdryer on Sale, wish I'd waited...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 04:48:40 PM »
Hmm.

I might have missed the earlier topic (or more likely forgot), so it's time for 20 questions.

What's does this hair dryer have over all others?
Does it dry hair nice and shiny instead of frizzy?
Is it quiet?
Lightweight?
Does it come with a diffuser?

OK, not 20, but it's all I can think of.

Canie

• Administrator
-Canie

Kelly

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
Oh, boy. I even participated in the discussion.  :rollseyes:  Memory.

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 05:44:20 PM »
Ok, hold the presses.  Or the keyboards, or whatever.  I just noticed a crucial difference:  the hairdryer I have is the BabyLiss Pro Nano Titanium Portofino.  That one extra word, Portofino, makes it extra-special Italian and expensive.  So the one for $99 is NOT the one I have, so I can't vouch for it.  Bummer.  And it looks like places like Folica still have better prices for the Portofino.($129, free shipping)  Portofino is a beautiful, chic, but oh-so-expensive resort, so the hairdryer is well named.)

The Portofino is build like a Lamboghini, solid but lightweight for the build quality, pretty darn quiet, and the motor purrs, it doesn't scream.  (Motor is made in Italy, whole dryer may be too.)  Dries fast, and leave hair soft and shiny.  Comes with a good diffuser AND 3 concentrator attachments of various sizes.

Kelly

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 05:47:32 PM »
dd, does it have a cold button? I love to set my hair with a blast of cool air.

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 06:57:24 PM »
dd, does it have a cold button? I love to set my hair with a blast of cool air.

Yup, cold button too.  Two heat settings, two "blower" settings, and cold button.  4 year warranty IIRC, one of the longest available. That usually means you'll never need it.

Kelly

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:59:08 PM »
I really like the idea that the motor was made in Italy.

I wonder if $129 is the regular price. Maybe I'll sign up for updates at folica.com.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »
I just bought the Portofino on Folica.com for my new haircut. The stylist recommended this dryer, and told me my dryer was literally frying my hair. They've come a long way with dryer technology since the last time I bought one (2004).

So my cut: it's in one length, about 2" below my shoulders with a soft side bang. I'm trying to get used to it, but everyone loves it! My sister came with me to consult and she actually had them move a chair to Nikki's (the stylist's) station so she could sit with me. Gotta love Mimi. ♥
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 03:27:47 PM »
Wow, what a change for you! I can't wait for the first time you wash it when you're rinsing your hair and think to yourself ... where did it all go? I never get over that feeling, no matter how many haircuts. :D

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
I just bought the Portofino on Folica.com for my new haircut. The stylist recommended this dryer, and told me my dryer was literally frying my hair. They've come a long way with dryer technology since the last time I bought one (2004).

So my cut: it's in one length, about 2" below my shoulders with a soft side bang. I'm trying to get used to it, but everyone loves it! My sister came with me to consult and she actually had them move a chair to Nikki's (the stylist's) station so she could sit with me. Gotta love Mimi. ♥

Sounds like a lovely cut, and a little below the shoulders still looks very long but is manageable.  Pix, pix, pix?  And hope you like your new dryer, it was probably my biggest "discovery" of 2010.

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 11:14:19 PM »
How fun, Tupelo.  If I remember, you have been thinking about this cut for over a year now.  I hope you love it as much as your family and friends.

Whenever I got a hair chop, it was brushing that felt weird.  I'd stroke that brush like usual, and end up whipping through nothing but air.   :lol:

• Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

Kelly

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 08:01:46 AM »
Most products at folica.com are 20% off right now through tomorrow, including the BabylissPro Nano Titanium Portofino 6600 Hair Dryer.

But I just wanted to let you all know that I scored the same dryer at Amazon.com for $80 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/BaByliss-BABNT6610-Portofino-2000-Watt-Titanium/dp/B003B6S36S/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

You can also get it at eBay for around the same price ($80) with shipping fees: http://cgi.ebay.com/BABYLISS-PRO-NANO-TITANIUM-PORTOFINO-6600-HAIR-DRYER-/390268407092

Oh, and I had to laugh. It's not Babyliss, as in baby liss. It's BaByliss, as in bah-BYE-liss. Whatever. It's still pretty dorky.  :rollseyes:  :lol:

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
You are going to love this dryer, ZZ!  It leaves my hair smooth, silky, and shining. Even my DH noticed this morning. With my old dryer, my hair would be parched and somewhat bushy after using it. DH's comment was, "Wow, I guess it was worth the price tag."  :)
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2011, 01:03:42 PM »
I can't wait! I've been using the Farouk Deep Brilliance Professional Hair Dryer for the last 2.5 years. It's good, but I noticed it's not making my hair as smooth and shiny as it once was. Also the cord gets crimped and tangled very easily. Also, I think it has only 1300 watts compared to 2000 in the BaByliss.

I am looking forward to a newer, more powerful dryer!