News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Nice gallery of grey hair/hairstyles  (Read 3451 times)

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
Nice gallery of grey hair/hairstyles
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:49:11 PM »
This is on a website called Pinterest. If you have an account, you can collect online images in one place, like a virtual scrapbook. It's a lot of fun, but boy is it a time-suck.

I came across this woman's board, which she calls "Silver Style". You'll see some familiar faces:

http://pinterest.com/aileen_okeefe/silver-style/
Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder.-- Miuccia Prada
www.shopquotidienne.com

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Nice gallery of grey hair/hairstyles
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
This is on a website called Pinterest. If you have an account, you can collect online images in one place, like a virtual scrapbook. It's a lot of fun, but boy is it a time-suck.

I came across this woman's board, which she calls "Silver Style". You'll see some familiar faces:

http://pinterest.com/aileen_okeefe/silver-style/
Beautiful pictures. It's more proof that my curly locks would look terrible in grey. There are no curls, just a few waves here and there.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 01:09:32 AM »
Oh, I think that's just that particular woman's preference. I just got the new, updated version of Curly Girl: The Handbook by Lorraine Massey from the library, and she's got a whole chapter on grey curlies. Very, very pretty. I'll see if I can find some pics online and post them here if I do.

http://www.amazon.com/Curly-Girl-Handbook-Lorraine-Massey/dp/076115678X/ref=dp_ob_title_bk

Well, so far I haven't found them. But here's a nice thread over at Curl Talk about it:
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/over-40/104470-our-gray-journey-diary.html
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 01:46:04 AM by Veuve »
Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder.-- Miuccia Prada
www.shopquotidienne.com

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:15:43 AM »
Thanks for the links!I like Jamie Lee's and Joan Baez. Jamie's colour is the most similar to mine (but I still need another haircut or two to get rid of the build up of hair dye)
Joan Baez's skin colouring is quite similar to mine.
 Love the pics. They  made me feel so good!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 07:21:02 AM by milla »

hopflower

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »
I don't have all that silver yet; but I just love Dames Helen Mirren and Judi Dench. The hairstyles would not suit me; but Emmylou Harris is a possibility! The are all so lovely,and so is the one entitled hair, where the model's face cannot be seen but where there is an up pinning; so elegant!

LemonMyrtle

• Platinum Member
  • Hello Possums!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 07:04:50 AM »
Thanks for the link, Veuve. VERY handy as it has (almost) the style I'd like that I haven't been able to explain well. It's the one at the end of the top row, "short style". I'd like a shorter, chipped-in fringe and just a little more length curving into the nape of my neck, but that's a good pic to show my hairdresser for future reference.

I've decided to change stylist, as last time I had a cut she was very lazy and, despite my instructions and showing her a photo that clearly showed the longer length I wanted, she chopped off most of the 10 weeks growth that I'd hoped would be the basis of my new style. I ended up with a basic short cut - that dreaded "man" cut that was mentioned in another thread. She talks too much and observes too little! :blah:

I walked off the street into another salon to have it feathered and softened to achieve the finish I'd also tried in vain to describe to my stylist. The new stylist knew what I meant and it looks fine, so I may go back there next time. It may not be for 10 weeks or so, AGAIN, as I'm madly trying to grow the top layers for a second time. But I'll survive. If there's one thing that going grey taught me, it was patience  :angel:
  • Eyes: Hazel
  • Hair: Grey
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »
I hatehatehate it when stylists don't pay attention. I have found some great stylists by asking someone with a great haircut who does their hair.
www.shopquotidienne.com