News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Blow Drying Tips Video  (Read 1414 times)

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
Blow Drying Tips Video
« on: February 12, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »
http://www.hershesons.com/hair_tips/8-Perfect-Blow-Dry

This is probably old news for everyone, but it was new to me.  One of the things I found most interesting was the idea that you "rough dry" to 95% dry BEFORE beginning the straightening styling part.  And it was interesting to see how the model looked at this stage vs. the sleek smooth look at the end.  I think I'm going to try to get a blow-dry at this place at my trip so I don't have to take a blowdryer with me.

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
Re: Blow Drying Tips Video
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 11:59:12 PM »
Wow, I've never seen such good instruction before.  It makes me want to go out wearing a quif!
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Kelly

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:07:22 PM »
Did that model have peanuts in her hair at the end? :D

That's exactly how Robert does my hair. Since mine is much shorter than the model's, he kind of blows it all over the place, and then spends about 5 minutes smoothing it out and shaping it.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:39:05 PM »
Did he say hold the nozzle parallel to the hair? I think he meant perpendicular, since that's what he's doing.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 06:50:41 PM »
He's charming anyway.

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »
Just back from London, and I did have my hair done at one of Hersheson's Blow Bars.  They did a fantastic job, really excellent.  And it lasted me for the rest of the trip (4.5 days) despite misty rainy weather the whole week.  I think it was because they make sure your hair is absolutely bone-dry. All I had to do to maintain it was put it in a very high ponytail (a la Pebbles Flintstone) at night so it wouldn't get crunched while I was sleeping. 

Certainly the concentrator was perpendicular to the hair, maybe (for some odd reason) he was referring to holding the dryer handle/body parallel?  Or as ZZ says, maybe just simple mistake.

My only problem with this Blow Bar is that it is located in the ever-so-irritating Topshop.  If I can't stand this place, is it a sign that I am getting old?