News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Hello from Poland  (Read 2863 times)

Erato

Hello from Poland
« on: February 15, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
Hi everyone  :)
Did you know that there is a forum in Poland that not only looks almost identical like Timeless Beauty but also is actually about more or less the same? Just take a look!  :)
FEMINEUS
One of our members found TTB by accident and whoa, what a surprise! Our forum, as the name points it, is a female forum, we chat about make up, skin care, health, culture, fashion, entertainment – rings a bell?  :rollseyes:
So, I just wanted to say hello from Poland, though I guess no one of you will be able to actually visit us and read or chat (well, Polish is not an international language…). But who knows, there are lots of Poles in the US so maybe there’s also one on TTB.

GREAT greetings from Poland!!!  :lol:

Erato (I am the Skin Care section moderator  :) )

PS sorry for language mistakes  :rollseyes:

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Hello from Poland
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
Welcome, Erato! I'm half Polish but do not speak the language, unfortunately, or I'd check out your forum. It's lovely to see that our sisters overseas obsess about the same things we do here. :grin:
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 12:02:25 PM »
 :hi: and welcome, Erato!  Well, I hope you stay with us and be our bridge to our sister TTB in Poland. 

I click on link and wow!  That is similar.  :) 
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Erato

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »
Welcome, Erato! I'm half Polish but do not speak the language, unfortunately, or I'd check out your forum. It's lovely to see that our sisters overseas obsess about the same things we do here. :grin:
See?... I knew there would be some Polish here  :clap: We are everywhere...
Well, women like the same things no matter where they are  :)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 04:27:54 PM »
Hello Erato. Nice to meet you!  :welcome:

My Great-grandparents were born in Poland, and my mother is 100% Polish.  When she was a little girl, she lived with her Babci, and spoke only Polish.  Unfortunately, she's lost most of the language.  But we still sing "Sto Lat" at every birthday!

I hope you continue to visit TTB, and give us your perspective.  :)
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »
Witamy, Erato!

Co za wspaniala niespodzianka stwierdzić, że TTB ma swój odpowiednik w Polska. Należy poinformować wszystkich członków piękne, że mamy wysłać nasze pozdrowienia! ♥♥♥♥♥
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 08:39:09 PM »
Greetings, Erato.  How fun to know we have sisters in Poland.  Thanks for introducing yourself.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

Erato

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 03:44:53 AM »
Thanks for your warm welcome  :)
I'll pass your greetings to my member friends on Femineus.

Tupelo, dziękuję za powitanie po polsku  :grin:

Now I can go and look around while you're sleeping  :sleep: See you in your morning  :grin:

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 06:21:01 AM »
Hi Erato, and welcome!

There are European members here on TTB, I for example live in Finland. I´ve always felt very welcome here and hope you do, too!
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2011, 04:10:39 AM »
Hello and welcome! There is a large Polish community here  in London. Regretfully I am yet to learn a few words of Polish, although many of my pupils are from Poland.

Erato

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 06:33:23 AM »
Hi milla  :) Some of our members live in the UK - not particularly in London, or even in Scotland, but we are there  :)

Thank you all for your welcome posts!

God it's freezing in Poland right now  :cold:

ddgattina

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »
Greetings Erato, I hope you and your friends will continue to visit and converse with us. 

I visited Femineus, using Google's translate feature.  Although the translations are not very good (and are occasionally funny: one post refers to "blackheads like Russian tanks"!) it does well enough to see that we are indeed talking about the same topics.

For those who want to try translating, I discovered that once you have google translate a page from Polish to English, any future page or post you select will also be translated.  Pretty cool feature, and that will allow you to explore the website without going back to google again.

Erato

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2011, 12:12:27 PM »
Yeah, these automatic translators are one of my favourite entertainment  :grin: However, "blackheads like Russian tanks" could be the effect of one of our member's invention  :clap:

But this is really amazing how similar we girls are... - we have almost identical topics! I saw a topic about favourite commercials before a minute, I started exactly the same on Femineus! And many more, it really feels nice to see that you can feel like home everywhere, because people are the same  :)