News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream  (Read 7288 times)

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
I don't know if this should be under a new topic, because it's not makeup. But I wanted to drop a rave for Topix Pharmaceuticals Replenix (All Trans Retinol) Eye Repair Cream.

My eye doctor gave me a tube of this in November, but I didn't open it until January. I use it twice daily and I'm very pleased with the difference it makes in my appearance. Diminished undereye darkness, puffiness (above and below eye), morning redness. Increased hydration and moisturization, firming, and smoother skin texture (especially eyelids).

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it, as it's almost gone. Most sites carry it at about a $75 price point, but but SkinMedix has it at $54.00.

The ingredients in this cream address most eye "issues." Contains retinol, peptides, Vitamins C & E, and botanicals. The green tea polyphenols were new to me. So was finding C, E, and retinol in the same eye cream. Google "Replenix Eye Repair Cream" to read reviews.

Purified Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates/Steareth-20, Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Polymer, Propylene Glycol, Cacrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Myristyl Myristate, Myristyl Laurate, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pinanediol, Camphanediol, Dipeptide-2, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate-20, Phospholipids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Myreistyl Alcohol, Lauryl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Arnica Montana Powder, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, PVP, Butylated PVP, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylene Brassylate, Phenoxyethanol, SOrbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA.

• Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

Re: Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »
My eye doctor gave me a tube of this in November, but I didn't open it until January. I use it twice daily and I'm very pleased with the difference it makes in my appearance. Diminished undereye darkness, puffiness (above and below eye), morning redness. Increased hydration and moisturization, firming, and smoother skin texture (especially eyelids).

That sounds really good, and you've been using it long enough to really test it.

I wonder what ingredient or combination of ingredients causes the reduction in blueness.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
I think hesperidin is the ingredient I've read about that reduces dark circles.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:50 AM »
I'm all for it. I'd much rather get to the root of the issue than use a coverup.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
[That sounds really good, and you've been using it long enough to really test it.

I wonder what ingredient or combination of ingredients causes the reduction in blueness.

It came with a pamphlet that explains what each ingredient does. I'll post them when I'm home this weekend.

Kelly

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
Thanks! I'd like to use it on that area between eyes and nose. In the last couple years that spot has become increasingly purply blue, and it makes me look tired.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »
I got the Replenix as one of my samples from Lovelyskin.com.  It is a small tube, but I have started using it every night to see if I can tell anything.  Maybe it will be enough to get an idea.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
According to the literature I received, there are several ingredients that help with dark circles.  They are arnica, Vit.K, peptides, chelating agents, emblica, chrysin, pinanediol, and camphanediol.  I don't know what half of these things are, nor do I know if there are any that stand out as the star performers.

My tube is roughly one-third of an ounce.

Kelly

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
According to the literature I received, there are several ingredients that help with dark circles.  They are arnica, Vit.K, peptides, chelating agents, emblica, chrysin, pinanediol, and camphanediol.  I don't know what half of these things are, nor do I know if there are any that stand out as the star performers.

Ah. The dermatologist had me take arnica the week before and after V-beam treatments to minimize bruising and/or help bruises fade more quickly.

I will have to look into Replenix. I see Tulepo has the Eye Repair Cream.

List, do you have that or the Lightening gel?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:49:58 PM by Zuzu's Petals »

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
It's the same cream that Tupelo has.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
Arnica and Vitamin K have traditionally been used for dark circles.  I wonder if something else about this formula makes it work better.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
If you are looking for a place to order this eye cream, don't give up if you don't find it in the Topix product section.  I just found it on one site where Replenix by Topix had its own listing in the brands index. 

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
This product has made me a believer in "a separate eye cream." I wanted to try it mostly because my eyelids were starting to droop at the inner corners. I had an actual loose fold hanging down and it was getting bigger. Now it is so reduced in size, one would have to look very closely to see it. Now, I can see the whole crease of my eyelids.

The instructions do not say to use it on the eyelids, but reviews I'd read indicated to me that it's safe for this. My own experience with it bears this out.

I also LOVE the texture of this cream. It's about the perfect texture for an eye treatment because it absorbs quickly leaving my eyes smooth with no oily or sticky residue. I don't wake up with gummy eyes from it. The texture also makes it a perfect makeup base for me.

I ordered it from SkinMedix for $54, which is the best price I could find. I would, though, pay the ouchy $75 for it if I had to. It's worth it, because I see more improvement with it every day.

From Topix Pharmaceuticals -

This one of a kind innovative eye treatment is clinically proven to:

* Increase moisture (cucumber extract, adjusted Ph hyaluronic acid [HA], macrocystis/pyrifera extract [seaweed]
    * Reduce dark circles (arnica and vitamin K, peptides, chelating agents, emblica [see below], chrysin [phenol extract from blue passion flower], pinanediol and camphanediol [see below])
    * Reduce appearance of wrinkles & fine lines (all-trans retinol, peptides, HA)
    * Reduce puffiness  (peptides, emblica [see below]   
    * Reduce discoloration/bruising (arnica, peptides, chelating agents)
    * Increase firmness & elasticity (all-trans retinol, peptides, HA, seaweed)
    * Inprove tone & texture (retinol, peptides, emblica)
    * Calm & soothe skin (90% green tea polyphenols, emblica, cucumber extract, vitamin E, vitamin C)

Antioxidant protection from green tea polyphenols, emblica, vitamins E and C, pinanediol/camphandiol, silymarin [see below]

Microcirculation support from peptides, pinanediol/camphandiol

This cream features All-trans-Retinol, which can achieve smoother, firmer skin, also contains 90% green tea polyphenols to protect the eyes from free radical damage, peptides & moisturizers to lessen appearance of fine lines and dark circles.

Pinanediol and Camphanediol: Supports nitric oxide activity, which can increase microcirculation and assist in reducing the appearance of under-eye dark circles

Dipeptide VW (Dipeptide-2): Peptide that is reported to stimulate proper lymphatic drainage and tissue fluid balance

Pal-GQPR (Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7): Lipo-complexed peptide that studies have shown increase skin firmness, elasticity and decrease the appearance of fine lines

EMBLICA FRUIT EXTRACT: An extract containing four tannins that are powerful iron chelators and have been shown to naturally brighten aged and UV-damaged skin

SILYMARIN MILK THISTLE EXTRACT: prevents pollutants/toxins from entering skin cells while repairing and promoting healthy new cell growth

ARNICA: Studies have shown this to be effective for diminishing bruising and discoloration.

Kelly

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Excellent post, thanks! I am definitely getting this. Soon. Unfortunately, I have a like new SK-II and a brand new Caudalie eye cream to get through first.

But I love the ingredients in thie Replenix.

Those ingredients are for the regular eye cream, yes?

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
Those ingredients are for the regular eye cream, yes?

Yes for the Replenix Eye Repair Cream. Topix makes a bunch of other creams, too, none of which I have tried.