News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream  (Read 7282 times)

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream
« on: March 04, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
I don't know if this should be under a new topic, because it's not makeup. But I wanted to drop a rave for Topix Pharmaceuticals Replenix (All Trans Retinol) Eye Repair Cream.

My eye doctor gave me a tube of this in November, but I didn't open it until January. I use it twice daily and I'm very pleased with the difference it makes in my appearance. Diminished undereye darkness, puffiness (above and below eye), morning redness. Increased hydration and moisturization, firming, and smoother skin texture (especially eyelids).

I'm going to bite the bullet and buy it, as it's almost gone. Most sites carry it at about a $75 price point, but but SkinMedix has it at $54.00.

The ingredients in this cream address most eye "issues." Contains retinol, peptides, Vitamins C & E, and botanicals. The green tea polyphenols were new to me. So was finding C, E, and retinol in the same eye cream. Google "Replenix Eye Repair Cream" to read reviews.

Purified Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Acrylates Copolymer, Acrylates/Steareth-20, Methacrylate Copolymer, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Polymer, Propylene Glycol, Cacrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Myristyl Myristate, Myristyl Laurate, Retinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Pinanediol, Camphanediol, Dipeptide-2, N-Hydroxysuccinimide, Chrysin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Phytonadione (Vitamin K), Silybum Marianum Fruit Extract, Sodium PCA, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate-20, Phospholipids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Myreistyl Alcohol, Lauryl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Ascorbic Acid, Arnica Montana Powder, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Steareth-20, PVP, Butylated PVP, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylene Brassylate, Phenoxyethanol, SOrbic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA.

• Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

Re: Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:06:14 AM »
My eye doctor gave me a tube of this in November, but I didn't open it until January. I use it twice daily and I'm very pleased with the difference it makes in my appearance. Diminished undereye darkness, puffiness (above and below eye), morning redness. Increased hydration and moisturization, firming, and smoother skin texture (especially eyelids).

That sounds really good, and you've been using it long enough to really test it.

I wonder what ingredient or combination of ingredients causes the reduction in blueness.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 11:07:09 AM »
I think hesperidin is the ingredient I've read about that reduces dark circles.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

Kelly

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 11:09:50 AM »
I'm all for it. I'd much rather get to the root of the issue than use a coverup.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
[That sounds really good, and you've been using it long enough to really test it.

I wonder what ingredient or combination of ingredients causes the reduction in blueness.

It came with a pamphlet that explains what each ingredient does. I'll post them when I'm home this weekend.

Kelly

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 11:14:31 AM »
Thanks! I'd like to use it on that area between eyes and nose. In the last couple years that spot has become increasingly purply blue, and it makes me look tired.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:42:04 PM »
I got the Replenix as one of my samples from Lovelyskin.com.  It is a small tube, but I have started using it every night to see if I can tell anything.  Maybe it will be enough to get an idea.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 05:50:21 PM »
According to the literature I received, there are several ingredients that help with dark circles.  They are arnica, Vit.K, peptides, chelating agents, emblica, chrysin, pinanediol, and camphanediol.  I don't know what half of these things are, nor do I know if there are any that stand out as the star performers.

My tube is roughly one-third of an ounce.

Kelly

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
According to the literature I received, there are several ingredients that help with dark circles.  They are arnica, Vit.K, peptides, chelating agents, emblica, chrysin, pinanediol, and camphanediol.  I don't know what half of these things are, nor do I know if there are any that stand out as the star performers.

Ah. The dermatologist had me take arnica the week before and after V-beam treatments to minimize bruising and/or help bruises fade more quickly.

I will have to look into Replenix. I see Tulepo has the Eye Repair Cream.

List, do you have that or the Lightening gel?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:49:58 PM by Zuzu's Petals »

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
It's the same cream that Tupelo has.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 08:36:14 PM »
Arnica and Vitamin K have traditionally been used for dark circles.  I wonder if something else about this formula makes it work better.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 09:05:59 PM »
If you are looking for a place to order this eye cream, don't give up if you don't find it in the Topix product section.  I just found it on one site where Replenix by Topix had its own listing in the brands index. 

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2011, 12:32:46 PM »
This product has made me a believer in "a separate eye cream." I wanted to try it mostly because my eyelids were starting to droop at the inner corners. I had an actual loose fold hanging down and it was getting bigger. Now it is so reduced in size, one would have to look very closely to see it. Now, I can see the whole crease of my eyelids.

The instructions do not say to use it on the eyelids, but reviews I'd read indicated to me that it's safe for this. My own experience with it bears this out.

I also LOVE the texture of this cream. It's about the perfect texture for an eye treatment because it absorbs quickly leaving my eyes smooth with no oily or sticky residue. I don't wake up with gummy eyes from it. The texture also makes it a perfect makeup base for me.

I ordered it from SkinMedix for $54, which is the best price I could find. I would, though, pay the ouchy $75 for it if I had to. It's worth it, because I see more improvement with it every day.

From Topix Pharmaceuticals -

This one of a kind innovative eye treatment is clinically proven to:

* Increase moisture (cucumber extract, adjusted Ph hyaluronic acid [HA], macrocystis/pyrifera extract [seaweed]
    * Reduce dark circles (arnica and vitamin K, peptides, chelating agents, emblica [see below], chrysin [phenol extract from blue passion flower], pinanediol and camphanediol [see below])
    * Reduce appearance of wrinkles & fine lines (all-trans retinol, peptides, HA)
    * Reduce puffiness  (peptides, emblica [see below]   
    * Reduce discoloration/bruising (arnica, peptides, chelating agents)
    * Increase firmness & elasticity (all-trans retinol, peptides, HA, seaweed)
    * Inprove tone & texture (retinol, peptides, emblica)
    * Calm & soothe skin (90% green tea polyphenols, emblica, cucumber extract, vitamin E, vitamin C)

Antioxidant protection from green tea polyphenols, emblica, vitamins E and C, pinanediol/camphandiol, silymarin [see below]

Microcirculation support from peptides, pinanediol/camphandiol

This cream features All-trans-Retinol, which can achieve smoother, firmer skin, also contains 90% green tea polyphenols to protect the eyes from free radical damage, peptides & moisturizers to lessen appearance of fine lines and dark circles.

Pinanediol and Camphanediol: Supports nitric oxide activity, which can increase microcirculation and assist in reducing the appearance of under-eye dark circles

Dipeptide VW (Dipeptide-2): Peptide that is reported to stimulate proper lymphatic drainage and tissue fluid balance

Pal-GQPR (Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7): Lipo-complexed peptide that studies have shown increase skin firmness, elasticity and decrease the appearance of fine lines

EMBLICA FRUIT EXTRACT: An extract containing four tannins that are powerful iron chelators and have been shown to naturally brighten aged and UV-damaged skin

SILYMARIN MILK THISTLE EXTRACT: prevents pollutants/toxins from entering skin cells while repairing and promoting healthy new cell growth

ARNICA: Studies have shown this to be effective for diminishing bruising and discoloration.

Kelly

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 12:36:47 PM »
Excellent post, thanks! I am definitely getting this. Soon. Unfortunately, I have a like new SK-II and a brand new Caudalie eye cream to get through first.

But I love the ingredients in thie Replenix.

Those ingredients are for the regular eye cream, yes?

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »

Yes for the Replenix Eye Repair Cream. Topix makes a bunch of other creams, too, none of which I have tried.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
Sounds like a GREAT product! I'm a firm believer in a separate eye cream too, as I found it makes a difference whether I do or not. Believe me, I've tried the "just apply one's regular moisturizer" deal to the eye area and while it's, just, OK it doesn't give that perk-up that a half-way decent eye cream does. I've used a low-cost product for years that has worked pretty well, but that Topix Replenix really sounds like it performs.
The "just use one's regular moisturizer" around the eye area works when one is young but as one gets older and things start to show up, something more usually helps the appearance. Still the plastic surgeons aren't going out of business due to high-performance products, although they can help LOL!
One more question - could someone with a somewhat reactive skin use this product?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:35:45 PM by cara4art »

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 01:58:06 PM »
Sounds like a GREAT product! I'm a firm believer in a separate eye cream too, as I found it makes a difference whether I do or not. Believe me, I've tried the "just apply one's regular moisturizer" deal to the eye area and while it's, just, OK it doesn't give that perk-up that a half-way decent eye cream does. I've used a low-cost product for years that has worked pretty well, but that Topix Replenix really sounds like it performs.

The "just use one's regular moisturizer" around the eye area works when one is young but as one gets older and things start to show up, something more usually helps the appearance. Still the plastic surgeons aren't going out of business due to high-performance products, although they can help LOL!
One more question - could someone with a somewhat reactive skin use this product?

My skin is fairly reactive, cara. Especially my eyes. My eyes will swell up like golf balls with some products I've triedl Other than a slight tingling under eye when I first started using it, I've had no reaction to it.

Maybe that is partly because you use so little of it when applying. I use 3 pin-head sized drops of it for each eye (one on the inner corner, one on the outer contour, and one under eye). Then just pat/tap them over my whole lid area and under eye. Although, occasionally, I have used another drop or two on my under eye "pouches" to smooth them - that does make them tingle, but that's all.

My eye doctor gave me a .5 oz. tube of this after a post-op visit. His group practice includes cosmetic surgeons (eyes) and an "aesthetic" counseling service with dermatological procedures offered. He even gave me a "free" Botox session certificate. :lol: I guess because I had just paid him for 2 cataract surgeries out-of-pocket. I haven't gone for the Botox, though.

Kelly

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »

Yes for the Replenix Eye Repair Cream. Topix makes a bunch of other creams, too, none of which I have tried.

I noticed they had an eye lightening cream, but I really want to try the repair cream. I must be patient and use up what I have first!

Kelly

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 02:15:04 PM »
I'm a firm believer in a separate eye cream too, as I found it makes a difference whether I do or not. Believe me, I've tried the "just apply one's regular moisturizer" deal to the eye area and while it's, just, OK it doesn't give that perk-up that a half-way decent eye cream does.

I never used to use a separate eye cream, but I believe in them now, especially for day. Otherwise I can't apply concealer, or it looks cakey and dry.

I like the soft, smooth feeling of an eye cream, and my regular moisturizer just is not rich enough.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
One more question about this eye cream, since it's expensive, does it last a very long time, like a number of months to a whole year? I hate it when something is expensive, and is used up within a month or two.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
One more question about this eye cream, since it's expensive, does it last a very long time, like a number of months to a whole year? I hate it when something is expensive, and is used up within a month or two.

I've been using a .5 oz. tube since New Years day. It's running low, but I think I probably have a couple of weeks' worth left. In the beginning I was using too much of it. So, I'd estimate that .5 oz. should last 3 months.

I just bought a .5 oz. size, so it should last till sometime in lat June. Maybe longer.

Kelly

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 11:08:25 AM »
I just discovered that I have two brand new Replenix samples. The tube are only .14 ounces, but if I use both of them, I should get an idea if it will benefit me.

I remember seeing it come in (the tube comes in a box), but like with so many brands I've never heard of, I put it in my swaps-extras box.

I just put some on, and it feels so silky. It soaked in, immediately, too.

So excited! :woohoo:

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »
 :rofl: This is me laughing, because I just checked my sample tube with my magnifying card and it is...exactly .14 oz.  NOT .34 oz., as I first thought when viewed with the naked eye.  :rofl:  I can be such a ditz sometimes.

Anyway, Skinwest has this on sale for $49.99 if anyone is interested.

Kelly

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »
makinalist, you are the bloodhound of beauty buys! You always sniff out the best deals!

P.S. I had to use a magnifying glass, too. I could swear someone said her sample was .5 oz.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
Tupelo's eye doctor gave her a tube that size, which is the full-sized amount.  Then she later bought a tube of that size.  I claimed that mine was a third of an ounce, but I lied.

Kelly

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 04:00:41 PM »
OH, that's right. Lucky Tupelo got a full-sized sample.

I was lucky last year, too. I have enough free Retin-A to last through the end of this year.

I keep touching the skin under my eyes (where I applied Replenix). It feels as soft as a baby's bottom.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »
Tupelo's eye doctor gave her a tube that size, which is the full-sized amount.  Then she later bought a tube of that size.  I claimed that mine was a third of an ounce, but I lied.

I should have waited to order it, Listy.  Should have known you'd find the best price!

I think you should have your own little board here, like ZZ's. We could pop in and ask for your help with product price points. You are, definitely, TTB's expert on this!

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
Silly Tupelo - I do have my own little board here.  It's called Makeup & Skin Care Sales and Codes. :D

I definitely take contributions of posts from other members.  I suppose I could take requests!