News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream  (Read 7289 times)

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Topix Replenix Eye Repair Cream
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
Sounds like a GREAT product! I'm a firm believer in a separate eye cream too, as I found it makes a difference whether I do or not. Believe me, I've tried the "just apply one's regular moisturizer" deal to the eye area and while it's, just, OK it doesn't give that perk-up that a half-way decent eye cream does. I've used a low-cost product for years that has worked pretty well, but that Topix Replenix really sounds like it performs.
The "just use one's regular moisturizer" around the eye area works when one is young but as one gets older and things start to show up, something more usually helps the appearance. Still the plastic surgeons aren't going out of business due to high-performance products, although they can help LOL!
One more question - could someone with a somewhat reactive skin use this product?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 01:35:45 PM by cara4art »

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 01:58:06 PM »
Sounds like a GREAT product! I'm a firm believer in a separate eye cream too, as I found it makes a difference whether I do or not. Believe me, I've tried the "just apply one's regular moisturizer" deal to the eye area and while it's, just, OK it doesn't give that perk-up that a half-way decent eye cream does. I've used a low-cost product for years that has worked pretty well, but that Topix Replenix really sounds like it performs.

The "just use one's regular moisturizer" around the eye area works when one is young but as one gets older and things start to show up, something more usually helps the appearance. Still the plastic surgeons aren't going out of business due to high-performance products, although they can help LOL!
One more question - could someone with a somewhat reactive skin use this product?

My skin is fairly reactive, cara. Especially my eyes. My eyes will swell up like golf balls with some products I've triedl Other than a slight tingling under eye when I first started using it, I've had no reaction to it.

Maybe that is partly because you use so little of it when applying. I use 3 pin-head sized drops of it for each eye (one on the inner corner, one on the outer contour, and one under eye). Then just pat/tap them over my whole lid area and under eye. Although, occasionally, I have used another drop or two on my under eye "pouches" to smooth them - that does make them tingle, but that's all.

My eye doctor gave me a .5 oz. tube of this after a post-op visit. His group practice includes cosmetic surgeons (eyes) and an "aesthetic" counseling service with dermatological procedures offered. He even gave me a "free" Botox session certificate. :lol: I guess because I had just paid him for 2 cataract surgeries out-of-pocket. I haven't gone for the Botox, though.
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

Kelly

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 02:13:23 PM »
Those ingredients are for the regular eye cream, yes?

Yes for the Replenix Eye Repair Cream. Topix makes a bunch of other creams, too, none of which I have tried.

I noticed they had an eye lightening cream, but I really want to try the repair cream. I must be patient and use up what I have first!

Kelly

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 02:15:04 PM »
I'm a firm believer in a separate eye cream too, as I found it makes a difference whether I do or not. Believe me, I've tried the "just apply one's regular moisturizer" deal to the eye area and while it's, just, OK it doesn't give that perk-up that a half-way decent eye cream does.

I never used to use a separate eye cream, but I believe in them now, especially for day. Otherwise I can't apply concealer, or it looks cakey and dry.

I like the soft, smooth feeling of an eye cream, and my regular moisturizer just is not rich enough.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 02:32:33 PM »
One more question about this eye cream, since it's expensive, does it last a very long time, like a number of months to a whole year? I hate it when something is expensive, and is used up within a month or two.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
One more question about this eye cream, since it's expensive, does it last a very long time, like a number of months to a whole year? I hate it when something is expensive, and is used up within a month or two.

I've been using a .5 oz. tube since New Years day. It's running low, but I think I probably have a couple of weeks' worth left. In the beginning I was using too much of it. So, I'd estimate that .5 oz. should last 3 months.

I just bought a .5 oz. size, so it should last till sometime in lat June. Maybe longer.

Kelly

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 11:08:25 AM »
I just discovered that I have two brand new Replenix samples. The tube are only .14 ounces, but if I use both of them, I should get an idea if it will benefit me.

I remember seeing it come in (the tube comes in a box), but like with so many brands I've never heard of, I put it in my swaps-extras box.

I just put some on, and it feels so silky. It soaked in, immediately, too.

So excited! :woohoo:

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2011, 03:04:21 PM »
 :rofl: This is me laughing, because I just checked my sample tube with my magnifying card and it is...exactly .14 oz.  NOT .34 oz., as I first thought when viewed with the naked eye.  :rofl:  I can be such a ditz sometimes.

Anyway, Skinwest has this on sale for $49.99 if anyone is interested.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Kelly

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2011, 03:11:21 PM »
makinalist, you are the bloodhound of beauty buys! You always sniff out the best deals!

P.S. I had to use a magnifying glass, too. I could swear someone said her sample was .5 oz.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »
Tupelo's eye doctor gave her a tube that size, which is the full-sized amount.  Then she later bought a tube of that size.  I claimed that mine was a third of an ounce, but I lied.

Kelly

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2011, 04:00:41 PM »
OH, that's right. Lucky Tupelo got a full-sized sample.

I was lucky last year, too. I have enough free Retin-A to last through the end of this year.

I keep touching the skin under my eyes (where I applied Replenix). It feels as soft as a baby's bottom.

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2011, 04:01:33 PM »
Tupelo's eye doctor gave her a tube that size, which is the full-sized amount.  Then she later bought a tube of that size.  I claimed that mine was a third of an ounce, but I lied.

I should have waited to order it, Listy.  Should have known you'd find the best price!

I think you should have your own little board here, like ZZ's. We could pop in and ask for your help with product price points. You are, definitely, TTB's expert on this!

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
Silly Tupelo - I do have my own little board here.  It's called Makeup & Skin Care Sales and Codes. :D

I definitely take contributions of posts from other members.  I suppose I could take requests!