News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Exfoliating eye cream  (Read 4844 times)

Mim

• Gold Member
Exfoliating eye cream
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:25:08 PM »
Early in my teenage years, I began to wear sunglasses any time I was outside and did that constantly until a couple of years ago when I needed my bifocals more.  The sunglasses kept my eyes looking pretty good but the bifocals have really done a number on the skin around my eyes.  It is like the clear glasses magnified the sun and the sun damage.  So now I need a real serious, exfoliating eyecream instead of just the moisturizer.
From my online searching, it appears that the MD Forte Rejuvenating eye cream is what I need.  Has anyone tried it?

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Exfoliating eye cream
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:37:46 PM »
I don't think I even realized that there was such a creature!  It must surely be very gentle to use on the delicate skin around the eyes.  I would love to hear more about this.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Mim

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »
I read good things about it on makeupalley - but most people did stress that you needed to go slowly with it.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 10:28:24 PM »
I would imagine that is true.  If it gets results, though....I'll just have a look at those reviews!

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 06:40:34 AM »
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »
Also, Philosphy has one out called "Miracle Worker".  It has some kind of retinol as an ingredient.  I've never used it though, but I'd love to try it.  I'm still finishing up my eye repair samples from MUAC.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 12:08:33 PM »
According to the reviews I read, these products would get rid of milia also.  That solves the problem of whether the cream is safe for use on the eyelids, where many milia occur.  This is sounding better all the time!

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
I would not try this one on my eyelids because the 2nd ingredient is a 10% Gycolic acid compound. Some reviewers reported undereye redness and irritation and countered it with using another cream on top of it. This isn't something I'd want to deal with on my lids. Also, if you use this in the morning, be sure to add a sunscreen with at least SPF 15.

10% Glycolic Acid Compound
0.05% Retinol
1% Retinyl Palmitate
1% Vitamin E
Buffered pH of 4.4 for easy skin tolerance

Suitable for Contact Lens Wearers
Non-Comedogenic (won't clog pores)
Fragrance Free, Allergy Tested
Dermatologist & Ophthalmologist Tested

Purified Water (Aqua), Ammonium Glycolate (and) Glycolic Acid, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil (and) Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax (and) Tocopheryl Acetate (and) Retinol (and) Ceteareth-20, Isododecane, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone (and) Polysilicone-11, Nylon-12, Microcrystalline Cellulose (and) Cellulose Gum, Retinyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Tocopheroyl Acetate, Hyaluronic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Gel (and) Maltodextrin, Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea.

Directions:

Cleanse and pat face dry before applying. Pat gently under the eye and out to the temples. Use once a day, alone or with makeup.

Warnings:

For external use only. Avoid getting into eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water. If irritation occurs, wash product off, discontinue use and consult a physician. Use an SPF 15 or greater sunscreen to prevent any increase in sun sensitivity.
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
Oh, okay - I won't.  (Shucks.)

Mim

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
I used the MD Forte Rejuvenating eye cream for the first time last night.  It did not bother my extremely sensitive eyes - I used it on the lower eye area up to the lash line and on the upper eye lid from brow bone area up.  I haven't decided yet if I will use it again tonight or take a night off between usage.  Slower is probably better.  Will update in a few weeks as to whether or not it is working.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 05:02:11 PM »
Do please keep us updated!  We are always on the lookout for a good eye cream...at least, I am.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Personally I'd be really leery of an exfoliating eye cream, since the skin around the eyes is thinner and more delicate to begin with. Something that's moisturizing, nourishing and firming is good though!

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2011, 09:43:11 PM »
It sounds as if Mim is carefully avoiding the thinnest skin on the eyelids themselves, using this under the eyes and above the crease. 

I think you are wise, Mim, to skip a night for now, until you see how it goes.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 09:51:18 AM »
I used the MD Forte Rejuvenating eye cream for the first time last night.  It did not bother my extremely sensitive eyes - I used it on the lower eye area up to the lash line and on the upper eye lid from brow bone area up.  I haven't decided yet if I will use it again tonight or take a night off between usage.  Slower is probably better.  Will update in a few weeks as to whether or not it is working.
I think it would be a good idea to take break between usage. Good luck and looking forward to hearing your update.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Veuve

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 12:30:38 PM »
Yes, please keep us updated! I'm having good results using MUAC's Anti-Aging Eye Cream and then a small amount of tretinoin over that at night. However, the area underneath my eyes (and onto the very top of the cheekbone) is too sensitive/finicky for this. But I love hearing what's working for others.
Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder.-- Miuccia Prada
www.shopquotidienne.com