News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Hats - Millinery  (Read 1905 times)

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
Re: Hats - Millinery
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 10:48:29 AM »
Awww.  Is that a handbag or an Easter basket you are holding?  I'm thinking purse, but then when I looked at the enlarged picture I was not sure. 

Dressed up little girls are soooo sweeeeet.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
Look at that ladylike pose!  I would know that was you anywhere!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »
It seems like some people are hat people, and others aren't LOL! For myself, since my hair is already a fairly significant "accessory", I only wear my own hand-knitted hat when it's either really cold out, camping, or a broad-brimmed one when the sun is extremely bright and hot, to keep my head cool and to keep the sun out of my eyes and face. I do however admire hats on others and appreciate beautiful sculptural hats in some cases. I also agree that the right kind of hat adds height and an aura of authority. And if one has beautiful eyes that are emphasized, what a combo! I did use to do this when younger with the broad-brimmed black felt hat that I wore forever in the early 70s. Floppy, broad-brimmed hats are coming back with the 70's revival. There's one for just about anyone - it's a matter of scale to find the right one, unless one really does look that bad in them.

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 01:47:57 AM »
Lucy, I LOVE that photo of you. It's really wonderful.

I have a photo somewhere of me wearing a diaper on my head.  Pitiful, isn't it?
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 11:12:03 AM »
Cara, I also had a large floppy brimmed hat in the 70s.  It was hot pink felt.
I could envision my adolescent self being so sophisticated in that hat - in reality I was too shy to wear it much.  But when I saw it (on my first shopping trip downtown sans mother) I fell in love and had to have it.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

lyleneil

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2011, 02:42:18 AM »
Amazing hats. The ascot cap is inaccurately called a Kangol cap mainly because of how people make the association. Such a hat is the perfect complement to casual outfits or to obtain a more casual or relaxed impression.Bucket Hats are very much a trend setter at the moment and if you want your business to become associated with what is contemporary.