News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: I'm almost out of my DHC cleansing oil that I love but...  (Read 2031 times)

SuePhilly

• Platinum Member
  • Namaste.
I'm almost out of my DHC cleansing oil that I love but...
« on: April 09, 2011, 07:41:26 AM »
I'm trying to go all natural with my skin care.  I've tried Nude Oil and didn't like it.  Anyone know a comparable product that's natural I might try?
  • Complexion: Pale dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Faux blond
Age is a state of mind.

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
Re: I'm almost out of my DHC cleansing oil that I love but...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »
I adore my DHC olive oil cleanser.  It takes off all sunscreen, mascara, waterproof liners, etc. without pulling or scrubbing.   I suppose you might use straight, kitchen grade olive oil to remove your makeup.  But I love that emulsifier in the DHC!  I feel it helps rinse it all off.

I'm curious, what in the DHC made you decide it's not natural enough for you?  If it works, you like it, and its 95% of the way there......

:puzzled:

(percentage # pulled out of the air - I have no idea, really)   :blush:
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

makeupmaven

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 11:04:42 AM »
Go to Sephora.com and search for "cleansing oil" -- a bazillion cleansing oils to choose from-- you can look at the ingredients and pick the ones that fit your criteria.
  • Complexion: fair neutral
  • Eyes: boring brown
  • Hair: dark brown (over the grey), coarse, naturally curly but treated with keratin

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 01:20:07 PM »
Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil says it is all natural.  Also, there are some hand-made oils on Etsy.com.  I have mixed up my own concoction of olive oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil.  It takes everything off but doesn't rinse as easily as the commercial blends do.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 03:41:24 PM »
Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil says it is all natural.  Also, there are some hand-made oils on Etsy.com.  I have mixed up my own concoction of olive oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and castor oil.  It takes everything off but doesn't rinse as easily as the commercial blends do.

That rinse-off factor is really important to me.  That's why I don't bother messing with making my own.  I don't have the patience for trial and error.  LOL. 

I am tempted to try the Josie Maran cleansing oil.  I have been faithfully repurchasing DHC DCO because I like it, it's reasonably priced, and it works for me.  I've also been tempted to try one of the Shu cleansing oils, but they are very expensive to me, and there's too many choices.  lol

• Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

SuePhilly

• Platinum Member
  • Namaste.
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:12:42 PM »
You know I'm going to stick with the DHC.  Didn't care for JM or Sheiseido. 
  • Complexion: Pale dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Faux blond
Age is a state of mind.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 05:01:40 PM »
Ha!  That's probably the best thing to do!  I mean, if it ain't broke...yadda, yadda.  I was, however, coming back here to ask if you have tried boscia's Makeup-Breakup cleansing oil.   I know it is preservative-free.

Just forget I said anything, okay?

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 04:47:09 PM »
Like many others,all this happens after getting youngest son on the bus,going back to bed for a few hours,etc.
Stridex pad to "cleanse"
I mix a bit of each of these,all by Skin Actives:Anti Aging Cream with Resveratrol,Anti Ox Booster,Brightening Cream and a bit of powdered Niacinamide.I apply this on face,neck and under eyes.My sunscreen is Bare Minerals powdered sunscreen SPF 30 that comes in a tube with brush attached.This goes on face,neck,chest and backs of hands(after makeup if wearing it or over the above after it sinks in if not).
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 06:08:42 PM »
Now this is funny - I was just looking at the Skin Actives site a few days ago and wondering if I should try out some of their products.  I would like to hear more about the ones you use - but probably need to start a topic for that!