News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: The LL Bean V-neck 3/4 sleeve interlock T  (Read 1102 times)

linc2

• Platinum Member
The LL Bean V-neck 3/4 sleeve interlock T
« on: April 29, 2011, 08:38:31 AM »
Thought I'd start a new thread in case anyone is interested in this year's LL Bean V-neck 3/4 sleeve interlock T.

I ordered several colors in the search for the near-perfect V neck 3/4 sleeve, non-boxy, substantial enough T for summer.

For reference, this is Bean's Tee 3/4 sleeve V neck on their website. The interlock fabric, which I prefer over pima, is substantial, not drapy.

I like! Here are the partics:

--Interlock fabric feels substantial but not heavy. Holds its shape, and does not cling. If you ordered Bean's turtle necks last winter, same fabric
--V is not too deep. I could have taken it a bit deeper, but this is fine and way better than too deep
--Tagless, thank you Bean!
--Shaped just a smidge, so it conforms to an actual woman's body. It is NOT boxy, than you again!
--I ordered on the smaller side for me and it fits perfectly. However, I am not going to put them in the dryer. Reviewer comments say these shrink and I won't have any shrinkage room in this smaller size.

I also ordered the Bean 3/4 sleeve boat neck tunic in same fabric and they're going back. Much too long for me, kinda sack-like. Maybe would work on a much taller person.
  • Complexion: NC25, dry
  • Eyes: Green
  • Hair: Dark brown, thick, wavy

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
Re: The LL Bean V-neck 3/4 sleeve interlock T
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 09:07:34 AM »
Thanks for the thorough review.  Very helpful, wear them in good health, Linc.   :)

Could you do one more thing for me?  Pretty please?  Could you measure from the shoulder seam to the hem and tell me how long the body measures?

I hate when they say, 'falls to hip".  Yeah?  Whose hip? 

Sounds like the boat neck tunic was not shaped, since you said it was sack like.  Still, the tunic length is good on tall me.   Thanks again.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

linc2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 05:51:57 PM »
Poppy,

Length from shoulder seam to bottom of hem:

V neck 3/4 sleeve = 23.25 inches (size xs). I expect other sizes are proportionately longer, but the website does not give the specs, as far as I can tell.

Boat neck 3/4 sleeve tunic = 25.25 inches (size xs)

The boat neck is also shaped, but there is a lot of length (for me) below the shaping and that makes it look "too much." On a taller person, it might work out just right.

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 06:04:16 PM »
Thank you so much for that special, above-and-beyond service linc.  I could not see such specs on the website either.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 07:39:16 PM »
Can you please post a link? I  am trying to find it and not getting there.  I love 3/4 length sleeves, so I gotta see this!

Is this the link? 
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/51558?feat=2-SR0

• Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »
I think that must be it, marci.  It's the only one that is the right style in the right fabric.  Linc2 can tell you for certain, though.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

linc2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 05:33:31 AM »
That's it, Marci! Sorry for not posting the link originally. I've worn and washed by now. They shrunk about 1.5 inches in the length, but I actually wanted that. Unshrunk, they hit the bottom of my hip and shrunk they hit mid-hip, which I prefer. Just so you know to hang dry if you want no shrinkage.

Overall, love the weight of the fabric and the fit.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:41 PM »
I was surprised to see that it was a relaxed fit, though, since you said it had a slight shape to it.  Or is that why you ordered smaller than usual?  Usually I get the boxy look with relaxed fits.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

linc2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 08:02:54 PM »
Yes, I'm also surprised at the 'relaxed' description. It is not boxy and has just the right amount of shaping at the waist. I had ordered small in the equivalent turtleneck this winter and it's wonderful. Even better than my Lands End ones with the stand-up necks (they have no shaping).

However, I thought the Bean might look even better a tad smaller, so I went down a size for the V neck 3/4 sleeves that I recently purchased.