News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Anyone tried Miraclesuit swimwear? (gravity challenged asks)  (Read 1439 times)

anne

• Ageless Beauty
Hi,

I love to wear a tankini in my backyard, pottering in the tiny garden. My trusty tankinis now need to be replaced.

Any of you have any experience of Miraclesuit swimwear / tankinis?

My tankinis have a shelf bra which keeps everything in place, and keeps anything slipping out and down. My boobs are...shall we say, soft and mature? Pendulous? Or shall we be rude and say they are huge and droopy? So, that is a challenge.

Miraclesuit tankinis have soft cups, and I am very worried they will not be up to the huge, gravity-fighting challenge. To put it plainly, I am afraid my boobs will slip down from under the soft cups. NOT the desired effect at all!

Sorry about the graphic details, but I needed to put the problem plain before you guys.

Oh! And if any of you can recommend another brand of tankini, please do!

I want very slim shoulder straps, you can check the type of suit I have looked at, E**y item # 140551926150 and 140545499565.  Those LOOK lovely and exactly what I´d love to have, but would they work for me? I have no idea of my size in US swimwear, either, so that would be another hurdle.

I HATE the typical plus-zize swimwear which looks like you are wearing a kaftan with a shirt, the straps are about 4" wide and the suit comes up to your throat.

BTW I do care about the "slimming effect" at all. I do not want it to push my tummy in and make me look slimmer, hah, as if a swim suit could do that for me!! I just want it to hold everything in place up there...and to feel very comfortable on, considering I´d be wearing it in gardening jobs AND at the beach.
  • Complexion: NC 15 winter, NC 20 summer. Still oily.
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Anyone tried Miraclesuit swimwear? (gravity challenged asks)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 03:11:41 AM »
Wow! You go around in your garden in a tankini? I thought it was cold in Finland!
I don't think I could go around in my swimming gear, especially as my new neighbours are strict Muslims! They are very nice people but I think that I would incur on a fatwa if I did. :eek:

Seriously I admire you and I have got a website for you. It is called Figleaves. Just google it and then go to the women-swimwear section. It is quite easy to navigate because it gives you a menu of options, which includes sizes, styles etc. I had a look at some of their tankinis and they look nice.They are not very expensive either. Some are underwired, v. good to keep everything in place. I understand that they are a good company, too, because I know people who have used them and they like it.

I need to loose a few pounds by the end of July, or else I'll have to fork out for one of their swimming costumes with a tummy panel... :wink:

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 07:06:41 AM »
I've never tried the Miraclesuit brand.  (sorry! I know you're asking for knowledge about the Miraclesuite..but..)

I've been purchasing all my swimsuits from Land's End.  They have an amazing selection.  I usually buy quite a few styles and sizes to try on in the comfort of my own bedroom.  then send back what I don't want. (or return to Sears).  I've gotten tankinis for the last several years.  So much easier than a one-piece.  And I need the different sizes on top/bottom.

My main "problem" areas are all below the waist (big thighs, behind, etc.).  Not that I don't have other issues!    So, unless I wear something that goes down to my knees, there's NO swimsuit that's gonna help me.  :lol:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 01:04:33 PM »
Any tips are gratefully accepted!

Yes, there is a "main road" next to our back yard (this is not a big city thus the quote marks), but on the other hand, we have a hedge growing on each side of our yard. Well, of course, the leaves have not quite grown in yet...

I used to have huge body issues when I was younger. Of course, I was not even fat then!! I should just have enjoyed my life and my beautiful, FIRM body. Sigh. Nowadays, I buy clothes (and tankinis!) that are pretty and that I love to wear, and figure it is somebody else´s problem if they think a fat woman should not wear them. (I must add, my clothes are NOT revealing AT ALL just in case you imagine me going around the city in hotpants or something....urgh, even the thought!!)

But, I think my back yard is part of my home, and I will wear what I want, as long as I do wear something!  :grin:

I know my neighbours can see me through the hedge, but they are too polite to care, or even to "see" me if I am wearing swimwear while gardening.

I love the tankinis I have, I bought them from Evans, but they are getting old and nothing can last forever, so I guess it is time to start replacing them.

Oh, to shock you further, I sometimes wear bikinis in my back yard as well.  :wink: Yes, bikinis. And yes, I am fat. Bikinis at the beach, too, when I am catching the rays from the evening sun.
  • Hair: *Very* fine + wavy. Middle / dark blonde (my natural hair color) with some highlights.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »
Shocked? No way!

Inspired and impressed? Absolutely!

As you alluded to, we all have to learn to love ourselves exactly as we are. That doesn't mean we can't work on improvement - if we want to - but there is no reason to dislike our bodies, faces, etc. while we are working on those things we wish to improve.

Comfort is high on my list of priorities. You clearly have achieved an impressive balance between comfort and style for yourself and that's what matters.

I'd love to travel to meet you someday. You give off really great vibes in your posts! I think I could learn a lot from you.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
Styyna, what a lovely message! You really are sweet!

I think you are very wise, too - there is no reason to hate ourselves, no matter what we look like! We really should learn to love ourselves. Oh the years I wasted thinking I was SOO fat and ugly, when in fact I was quite ok and in normal weight. Can you imagine I wore black and grey clothes for much of my teens - early 20´s? And then I refused to buy anything nice anything new "until I´ve lost x pounds"? Foolishness!

One thing I really like about aging is the realization no-one is interested in the size of my nose, my stomach, or anything. They are probably too busy thinking about theirs! Oh how I wish someone had told me this when I was younger!

I am what I am, and yes, sometimes I do try to improve areas on my life, but there is no reason to just exist, waiting for the weight loss / fill-in-here before you start living and doing things. I do try to LIVE and enjoy my life if possible! Maybe - gasp - I´ve finally learned to accept myself?

(OT: Doctors have suggested breast reduction to me. Well, in fact, I LIKE my big, droopy tits! They belong to me. They are like friends. I am not at all sure if I would learn to love the new, surgically enhanced, small, pert tits, even if they objectively looking were much better looking than mine. Of course, never say never - I might change my mind if they caused severe pain in my neck and shoulders or something. Absolutely no offence meant should any of you have chosen a different path - this is just how I feel right now about mine.)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »
I'd love to meet you too, Anne, if you ever come to London again we must meet.

I think you are quite right to wear a tankini or a bikini when the weather is good-after all, it is not as if you live in the South of Spain or France.You need to make the most of the good weather.

Try Figleaves, I think you will like the tankinis. Or else come to London and we'll go shopping in Evans.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
Shocked? No way!

Inspired and impressed? Absolutely!

As you alluded to, we all have to learn to love ourselves exactly as we are. That doesn't mean we can't work on improvement - if we want to - but there is no reason to dislike our bodies, faces, etc. while we are working on those things we wish to improve.

Comfort is high on my list of priorities. You clearly have achieved an impressive balance between comfort and style for yourself and that's what matters.

I'd love to travel to meet you someday. You give off really great vibes in your posts! I think I could learn a lot from you.

:ditto:  AND, I'm COMING TOO!
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »
I haven't tried a Miraclesuit, but my one recommendation is for something with underwire in it.  That is the only possible way that I can count on everything staying where I placed it, IYKWIM!  My favorite is one I got from LLBean - it is as flattering as it can be and still be a swimsuit, ya know?  And it came in actual cup sizes - just like a bra size.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

anne

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 01:34:06 AM »
It would be great to meet you ladies! And, it would be super to go shopping with you!!  :D

Who knows, maybe one day!

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
More swimsuits should come with cup sizes, although that would likely be too much trouble for a lot of manufacturers who assume more standardized measurements - usually too small on top. That part works for teens and other young women, but NOT for mature women of pretty much any size since breasts tend to get larger at or after menopause, often by 2 whole cup sizes!
I know at some point I'm going to have to pony up for a new swimsuit myself - haven't bought one since 2003, but I rarely have occasions to use one. I'd LOVE to have a flattering one that allows for a C-cup. But then, I have the same problem with workout wear that seems to be made for more flat-chested women, and I'm not even overweight! Even with living by the ocean, it's too cold in northern California to go swimming in the ocean, which is what I prefer. Not a pool person!
Oh, and be prepared to shell out, good swimsuits with adequate support aren't cheap, unless one gets very lucky. In fact, one of the worst things about one-piece, and even tankini ones, is the lack of support in modern ones(unless one pays more)that used to be in a lot more swimsuits from 50 or so years ago. However, there are some "retro"-looking styles appearing, and some manufacturers are making good swimsuits. Spanx has a new line out, for instance.

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 06:04:54 PM »
I've seen the new "retro" styles out now, Cara.  They look so cute.  THOUGH, I need more like the early 1900's retro - LOL  :lol:

Tupelo

• Ageless Beauty
  • Complexion: Normal. Fair/warm. NC 15-20 (MAC speak)
  • Eyes: Blue green
  • Hair: Dark blonde, thick, long, graying at temples
Paddle faster. I hear banjo music.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »
Ooo-arrh Missus!That is a lovely swimsuit.I bet it looks great,that bandeau style is very attractive. And if you can get a similar coloured pareo you will be all set for the Summer.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »
Oh, T. - that is a gorgeous choice for your coloring!  I used to have a Jantzen suit with the bandeau top when I was still a sunbather and loved it for the lack of strap lines.  It was surprisingly flattering as well.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce