News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Ideas for turning a mess into a home, please?  (Read 7928 times)

Amelia Brown

Re: Ideas for turning a mess into a home, please?
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »
Our kitchen badly needs new countertops but DH is absolutely opposed to having them done. The existing countertops are coming loose and they are white while our cabinets are antique white. Oh well. When it comes time to sell this house he is either going to have to put in new countertops or reduce the price to accommodate them.
I do understand you as we've just moved to a new house and our kitchen needs renovation. We are going to change countertops as they are in a really bad condition and I don't like their colour (it is too dark). I know that their change is one of the most expensive things, but don't want to save money and get the countertops of a low quality. I have been looking for a good place to buy them for several days, but on one forum I was suggested to check a company on https://forestrykitchens.ca/ and I should say that they have a wide range of countertops and I found several nice variants at a reasonable price. If you are interested, you can check it too. I hope it helps!

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: Ideas for turning a mess into a home, please?
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2017, 03:53:24 AM »
Hi Amelia. We decided to buy a new home and move before selling our existing home. We were fortunate and sold our house without having to change our countertops. The market for homes like ours was still very depressed in the village where we had lived and we decided that the cost of replacement wasn't going to be realized in the sale. It was better to let new owners decide what they want to do with the kitchen as it really could use new cabinets, too.

I hope that your kitchen renovation goes well!
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart