News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Today's newest revelation about getting older  (Read 1851 times)

linc2

• Platinum Member
Re: Today's newest revelation about getting older
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »
Ooohhh.....I learned the twist from a helpful associate at Saks.  A little twist debulks around the neck. More twisting and you can turn a pretty flow-y scarf almost into a piece of fabric jewelry.

Would love to hear about the Matai scarf ring, if you decide to buy. Isn't that scarf revelations thread fabulous? I was thinking of ordering one too.
  • Complexion: NC25, dry
  • Eyes: Green
  • Hair: Dark brown, thick, wavy

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:25 PM »
<mumbles>  Okay...fold...insert...twist...insert...loosen...<eyes glaze over, starts again>  You know I love you guys, but I don't know if I can do this!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

linc2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 05:55:39 AM »
 Anne/Makin':rofl:!! Really, it's basically one smooth move (very simple) that I turned into rocket science.

Yesterday, on my swing through Nordies, I bought a new oblong airy scarf in just gorgeous colors for me. Very light, it will do the twist, loop, loosen thing beautifully. Black and shades of powder blue. Love it! Got home and found it's almost identical to one that I bought a couple of months ago. The new one has more of the blue, but I can't imagine I'd wear them both. Tags are still on the older one....if I can just find the receipt, it might go back.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
Although I'm of the tie-dye generation, I never got into that with my dyeing - as I prefer solid colors! However, if a tie-dye look is sophisticated, or in some way very unusual, I will pick up on an accessory with it. I like other embellishments better.
Scarves are wonderful - I like the oblong ones myself wearing them as hip wraps(my hips are in good shape LOL)and also in the European way of the loop that's really easy. The square ones are a little too matronly-looking for me really.

linc2

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
I like the oblong ones myself wearing them as hip wraps(my hips are in good shape LOL)and also in the European way of the loop that's really easy. The square ones are a little too matronly-looking for me really.

The hip wrap is interesting, too. Or just an offset tie at the waist. In general, though, I use scarves to bring light to my face.....it seems to need more these days!

By the Eurpoean style loop, you mean creating the noose at the neck? So very chic!

Oh yes, the square ones, large or small, are hard to deal with. Although the Matai scarf rings shown in the scarf revelations thread make them more interesting.