News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: REPOST: Hymn to Hope  (Read 794 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
REPOST: Hymn to Hope
« on: November 23, 2011, 03:16:42 AM »
I originally posted this to Real Life Happens but listening to it now I realized that I'd like to share this beautiful melody that truly feels like a "hymn to hope" with anyone who is interested.

Having a new Art & Music board might have something to do with this repost, too.  :whistle:

Anyway, I hope someone will enjoy this as much as I do.

"A song to remind us that there is always hope, even in despair and sorrow. Inspired by the melancholy of the traditional Irish Air, expressed by the Uilleann Pipes." -Rolf Lovland

I listened to this for the first time today while on the road. I did a lot of driving so I guess I probably heard it about 10 times or so over the course of my day.

This is a New Age piece but, hey, in under 4.5 minutes it's hard to come up with a complete symphony!

Each time I listen I find something new, whether in the melody or in the arrangement. If I had to name a theme song for my life, especially during the past 10 years, this would be my choice. The theme:  Hope is abundant, even when we can't feel it.

There is a transition part way through that initially threw me off guard; I thought a new track had started. But, as I discovered, it carries the meaning (to me) of the music to new heights and new awareness. I hope someone else enjoys this a thousandth as much as I have today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZSAog3dka4

• Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart