News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Important Announcements  (Read 3488 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Important Announcements
« on: November 26, 2011, 04:10:27 PM »
Beauties -

Most obviously, we have finally upgraded and we have a new look! There is work to be done yet but that's what a forum is - a work in progress with the members doing most of the work. Right away we are going to be putting some "how-to" guides together so that the use of our new avatars, changing themes, and a few other new things are easier to understand. Look for these posts in Tips, Tricks, & Help. Don't hesitate to ask questions there either. While we work on that please remember:  It's the content that matters, not the pretty bells and whistles.

Less obviously but even more important, I invited Canie to become an administrator and she graciously accepted! I can't sing Canie's praises loudly enough. Since she started working with me at the very beginning of The Timeless Beauty she has been the single most invaluable member of the team. During my extended illness it was Canie who kept TTB moving and she also kept me in the loop in the kindest, gentlest way. Her talents and skills may not be as visible to you as to me but they are formidable. I have utter and complete trust in her to act in ways that are in the best interests of the forum, always setting aside her own personal feelings.

Please take a moment to congratulate her on her well-deserved promotion!
-SilverCrown

christinedenice

• Gold Member
Re: Important Announcements
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:38:47 PM »
Loving the upgrade!  :clap:

Thank you so much for all of the hard work it must have taken to make this happen so seamlessly.

Congratulations  :cheer:  and thanks, Canie, for taking on the Administrator responsibilities.
  • Complexion: NW30-35, thin dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue-gray/aqua-gold
  • Hair: Dark blonde with light highlights, fine, thin
"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams, and you will always look lovely." -- Roald Dahl

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
Caine, what can I say about you?  Words fail me but awesome, wonderful, gracious, a true TTB, beautiful...I can go on, of course but I think I have a word limit, right?   :hug: Congratulations!

Thank you for all the great thiings, behind the scenes, you've done for us. We are truly blessed that we have you and SC in our lives.  :-* :compluv:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 05:14:41 PM »
Wow!!  just WOW!!  I'm having fun exploring the new look.  :)

And Congrats to Canie! :cheer:

• Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 07:01:37 PM »
Silver Crown and Canie,

I'm just theming it up the wazoo! :dance:
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 07:34:42 PM »
Cougar, it's so lovely to see you!
And look at SuzieQ sparkle!
I love it.  :grin:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

LemonMyrtle

• Platinum Member
  • Hello Possums!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 07:52:21 PM »
Looking GOOD! Thank you for this brilliant make-over. And congrats, Canie  :grin:
  • Eyes: Hazel
  • Hair: Grey
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Anita

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
Awesome!!! Congrats to you Canie! 

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 10:46:44 PM »
Thank you, SilverCrown, for the nice words.  You always make me feel appreciated.  And thanks to everyone for your good wishes.  I hope I can live up to it all, because I truly love you and this special place.
-Canie

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:57 PM »
New Announcement

I just received word from the company that hosts TTB on its servers that they will be moving TTB to an upgraded server. They did not specify when but did mention that I would be notified within 48 hours of when the process begins. I will keep you informed as I am able. Of course they are trying to do this "seamlessly" but they mention the possibility of brief outages. In my experience with server shifts of this nature, such outages usually are quite brief -- say 5-30 minutes. Sometimes there are multiple brief outages.  On rare occasions I've seen a transition go completely awry and require many hours to recover.

We'll hope for the best but if you are unable to log in normally in the near future you now know that you can attribute it to a temporary hardware issue and that TTB will be back up as soon as the transition is completed.

-SilverCrown

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 01:33:52 PM »
Update on 6/6 at 1:30PM

I am able to access TTB. SilverCrown is not so I suspect others are not able to as well.

The site will come fully back online but it might take some time. If those who are able to log in hear from friends who cannot, please let them know that they should keep trying.

Thanks.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 02:18:05 PM »
New Update - 6/6 at 2:15PM

I am at last able to access TTB so I hope that means that everyone else can as well.

If anyone hears of someone with problems, have them write to me at silvercrown (at) thetimelessbeauty.com.

Thanks for your patience.
-SilverCrown

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2013, 04:14:43 PM »
My belated congratulations and thanks to Canie. This is a wonderful forum and I love reading the posts even when I don't have much to add. You do a great job!
xx

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »
Thank you very much, milla!  Honestly, it takes both of us (SilverCrown and I) working together to get everything done.  Of course, it helps having the nicest members to work with, too. :)
-Canie

Faire

• Silver Member
  • True beauty resides in the heart
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 06:08:20 PM »
{{{SilverCrown}}} and {{{Canie}}} I have just recently found TTB and this announcement. Thank you both so much for creating and maintaining with aplomb such a wonderful place for us 'Ageless Beauties' to gather!  :bowdown:
  • Complexion: Fair, clear, and on the dry side
  • Hair: Very long, wavy, and graying
Bless'd Be

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 09:41:26 PM »
Thank you both for all your hard work;I really appreciate you both and this wonderful site.As I am sometimes "out of the loop",I did not know,SC,that you were so ill. I'm so sorry to hear that. I am however,truly happy to see you are better and back on the job.God bless!! :bighug:
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights