News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: How to Change Themes  (Read 1550 times)

SilverCrown

• Administrator
How to Change Themes
« on: November 26, 2011, 04:12:42 PM »
Beauties -

The theme most of you have been using is no longer available in our new, upgraded version of the SMF software upon which The Timeless Beauty is built. The new default theme with which each of you has been greeted since the upgrade is not the only theme available. You can change, at will, between themes. Here's how to do that.

1. Go to your Profile
2. Click on Modify Profile and under that click on Look and Layout.
3. To the right of Current Theme, click on (change) next to Forum or Board Default.   
4. Review the themes offered and decide which one you'd like to try.
  • Curve is a "bland" theme that doesn't stand out as much as the others.
  • Outline is a theme that was available to you previously and is a bit more colorful.
  • Coral is our new default theme (and listed twice as a result).
5.Under each theme you can select [Preview theme] or you can select [Use this theme].
6. Once you select [Use this theme] you are finished!
7. To change themes, just repeat these steps.

Offering new themes is just the beginning of the changes but the biggest one. Feel free to play with the features, ask questions, or report any bugs you may encounter.

We will be adding new how-to topics as we go along.

Here's hoping you like the new changes!  :beercheer:

-SilverCrown

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: How to Change Themes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 04:38:31 PM »
Oh, this is sooo pretty, SC. I haven't look around, yet. But, loving it already.  :dance:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:54:34 PM »
Once you get your new theme going, don't miss the opportunity to choose your color scheme.  There are five colors in the upper right hand corner under the boxes that say UNREAD/REPLIES.  Just click through them until you find your favorite.  The color will remain selected from then on unless you change it.
-Canie

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 07:19:11 AM »
Once you get your new theme going, don't miss the opportunity to choose your color scheme.  There are five colors in the upper right hand corner under the boxes that say UNREAD/REPLIES.  Just click through them until you find your favorite.  The color will remain selected from then on unless you change it.

When I click on a color, the only thing that happens is that I go back to the Home screen. No color change though.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:11:57 AM »

When I click on a color, the only thing that happens is that I go back to the Home screen. No color change though.

It's true that selecting a color change will take you back to the Home page. And the color changes aren't all dramatic. Try different colors just to be sure that you aren't looking at something that changes little, if at all.The bar between categories is an example of something that doesn't change much. If you don't see a change in the top banner colors then there's a problem and please let me know.

Thanks!
-SilverCrown

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
I tried to change colors again, and it wouldn't work.  So just for the heck of it, I opened TTB in Google Chrome, and it worked there!  Don't know why it's not changing color in Internet Explorer though.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
Aha! You are not just a beauty but a sleuth as well.

You are correct - the color change doesn't work in Internet Explorer. I did not know that and will see what I can do to get that fixed. Thanks for the alert!
-SilverCrown

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:09 PM »
Hmm...the plot thickens!  It works in Firefox as well, so that helps some of you, I'm sure.  I must remember to keep checking things in IE, since I never use it for anything.
-Canie

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 03:02:47 PM »
Just for the sake of being somewhat complete, I checked it on Opera and it works there too. I've a request in for advice about how to handle Internet Explorer since that appears to be the only major browser not playing nice with the colors.
-SilverCrown

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 11:46:20 PM »
As a followup to the question of color changes not working in Internet Explorer, tonight I checked there again and the colors were working perfectly.  I don't know how or when this happened, but at least now we know our members can use IE for browsing TTB with their chosen color scheme.

That is a good thing! :)
-Canie