News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal (Christopher Moore)  (Read 859 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Has anyone read this? It's the selection for a book group I attend that meets next week and I haven't started it yet. I heard that it's an entertaining read and am wondering if it goes pretty quickly too? I've put so much time in on my computer recently that my lazy eye is really causing problems (as evidenced by some egregious typos) so reading for long stints is going to be a challenge.

BTW, this is an example of the Kindle price ($9.99) exceeding the paperback (but not hardcover) price ($8.39) on Amazon.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
What you need while your eye is feeling strained are some audio books.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Good idea and one that never occurred to me. I've never had an audio book so that would be novel (no pun intended) as well.
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
I just looked into audible books on Amazon. Free 30-day trial includes the book for next week. And the devices that can be used are wide ranging.

http://www.amazon.com/Lamb-Gospel-According-Christs-Childhood/dp/B000OXEPSG/ref=tmm_aud_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1322802671&sr=8-1

I might have to give this a try.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Hey - there you go!  I read about the book and it sounds like loads of fun.  Kurt Vonnegut and Douglas Adams?  I'm there!  I adore dark humor.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Let's us know if you like the book, Styyna. I can add it to my list.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Let's us know if you like the book, Styyna. I can add it to my list.  :)

Will do.

Am trying to figure out how to add it to my smartphone so that I can listen to it now. Wish me luck. I'm great with big computers, not so much with the little gadgety ones. :(