News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 7797 times)

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: TV Series
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:27 AM »
I'll check out Hulu, Swest. Thanks. :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

sau

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 07:20:50 AM »
Love the HBO series!  Favs are Deadwood, Boardwalk Empire, Treme and......Game of Thrones!  I have since read all of the Games of Thrones books---so uncharacteristic of me, but they are addictive.

Angelcat47

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 11:49:25 PM »
I thought Rome was a pretty good HBO series,too.
  • Complexion: Light skintone,oily and somewhat sensitive
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Medium brown with blonde highlights

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2011, 04:49:43 AM »
Another favorite site I like to use is Project Free Tv. I catch up on stuff I dont normally get to see as well as old favorites.  Also I heard--- I think its A & E correct me if I got it wrong -- will start running Mad Men on Sunday mornings.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
Thanks, Swest. I was so excited about Mad Men as there are episodes I've missed and I'd like to be caught up before the new season begins. I find that the program has a soap-opera-like feel to it and I've watched enough to know a lot of the back stories; I'd hate to miss any of them.

All I can find is that AMC, the home network for Mad Men, is showing reruns on Sunday mornings. This is good for others to get a taste of the show if it interests them.

I still don't know when the new season begins though I've heard Jan. or Feb.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 12:43:56 AM »
I have made a huge list of things I want to watch!  Now I just have to convince DH about some of them, though.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2011, 02:36:45 AM »
I stand corrected. Once Upon a Time A and E actually used to show quality stuff. Thats why I got them mixed up. :P

Thanks, Swest. I was so excited about Mad Men as there are episodes I've missed and I'd like to be caught up before the new season begins. I find that the program has a soap-opera-like feel to it and I've watched enough to know a lot of the back stories; I'd hate to miss any of them.

All I can find is that AMC, the home network for Mad Men, is showing reruns on Sunday mornings. This is good for others to get a taste of the show if it interests them.

I still don't know when the new season begins though I've heard Jan. or Feb.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:47 PM »
I know this is an old topic, but I just stumbled across a helpful website.  Type in the name of a show you liked and it gives you the top ten similar ones.  I need this!

http://suggestashow.com/index.php

SusieQ - No, we had not seen Supernatural, but we have started it just this week.  Thanks!

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 05:45:31 AM »
We had a series here that finished recently, 'Call the Midwife'.It is set in the 50s and  based on the memoirs of a woman who was a midwife in the East end of London. The series was narrated by Vanessa Redgrave and I loved it. I ended up watching it mostly on BBC iPlayer, because it was on on Sunday evenings and I like going to bed early. If you can, watch it; I think you'll like it.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
Update on what we have been watching:

SusieQ sent us to Supernatural, which we quickly fell in love with and watched all the seasons up to the present time. 

Now we are deep into Foley's War, a BBC offering with good scripts and acting, set in England during WWII.  It combines a good bit of history with mysteries to solve along the way.  I confess I did not know much about England's experiences during the war - just the American side of things.  I have enjoyed seeing a different side of the story.

Our newest find is the modern take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, simply called Sherlock.  The plots and characters are based on the originals, but in modern times.  The pace is deliciously quick and the two principals are such fun to watch.  There aren't very many of these out yet, but I hope there will be more soon, because we are going to devour these episodes in no time!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »
Update on what we have been watching:

Our newest find is the modern take on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories, simply called Sherlock.  The plots and characters are based on the originals, but in modern times.  The pace is deliciously quick and the two principals are such fun to watch.  There aren't very many of these out yet, but I hope there will be more soon, because we are going to devour these episodes in no time!
Oh, I'll have to check this one out.  We've been watching on and off. I've been spending lots of time reading lately.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2012, 09:36:01 PM »
We also love TANKED.  Two guys make tanks out of anything and the fish are soooo beautiful!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2012, 09:55:54 PM »
Allz I know is I am very much going to miss House
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2012, 12:02:27 AM »
Aww.  I've heard lots of people say the same thing.  I hope you find something else you like as well.

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2012, 01:03:56 AM »
'Terra Nova' (2011) I enjoyed.

Centers on the Shannons, an ordinary family from 2149 when the planet is dying who are transported back 85 million years to prehistoric Earth where they join Terra Nova, a colony of humans with a second chance to build a civilization.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1641349/

Storyline
In 2149, earth is nearly wrecked by pollution. Police detective Jim Shannon is jailed for illegally raising an extra child, Zoe. He's sprung from jail just in time to join his family on the latest 'pilgrimage', through a unique time-space-continuum rip, to Terra Nova, a colony run with modern technology in a dino age forest. Colony commander Nathaniel Taylor soon recruits as security professional Jim, who gradually finds out about some threats, notably from Saurian monsters, the 'sixers' and his own, bitterly estranged son Lucas. Meanwhile Jim's son Josh keeps getting into trouble, mainly due to his girlfriend Skye. His smart sister Maddy is in love with gentleman soldier Mark Reynolds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Nova_%28TV_series%29
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar