News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: TV Series  (Read 7636 times)

Swest

• Platinum Member
Re: TV Series
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »
Next I will try and stick with Mad Men but I have to be in the mood to really get into it. Right now just checking out free movies online that I missed nearly 30 years (!) ago, some because at the time the genre just or story wasnt my cup of tea at the time.  I also want to try and get back into 'Castle' it used to be my favorite show.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2014, 10:53:10 AM »
We finished all of 24 and have been watching the new 24:Live Another Day. FOX has done 12 episodes of this one for the fans who wanted more Jack Bauer. The series was quite entertaining - escapist, fun, suspenseful action.

We returned to our beloved British mysteries with a new series from Masterpiece Mystery called Endeavour., a prequel to the Inspector Morse series. It is very well-done, as all the British mysteries are. No one does detective stories better than the Brits! We are looking forward to Season 2.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
For our anniversary this past week I signed up for Netflix and got our TV all set up so that DH can watch Sherlock. He's watched three episodes and he loves it! He's had a lot of pain recently and I'm so, so happy that he can really sink into this show and escape for a time. :)

I sit out on the porch and knit while he's watching since I'm just not a TV watcher. I can sit still to knit but I can't sit through a whole TV program. Unfortunately I can't knit and watch TV at the same time either. Still, we're within 20 feet of each other, both happily engrossed in our separate occupations.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2014, 07:49:30 PM »

I sit out on the porch and knit while he's watching since I'm just not a TV watcher. I can sit still to knit but I can't sit through a whole TV program. Unfortunately I can't knit and watch TV at the same time either. Still, we're within 20 feet of each other, both happily engrossed in our separate occupations.
:bliss:  I think this smiley is called Bliss. This is the word that came to mind after reading your post, Styyna.  :wink:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2014, 04:17:32 PM »
The only new series we have picked up this season is The Blacklist with James Spader. Our Netflix choices have been Criminal Minds and Inspector George Gently. (Have to have a British mystery going at all times! :wink: This one is set in the 1960s, which is fun for Baby Boomers.)

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2014, 03:38:10 AM »
I have watched all episodes of the latest Downton (I think it is season 5? Or 6?) They are having a Christmas special but I don’t think I’ll be watching it, last time I watched a Christmas special I nearly choked on my port and mince pie. Anyway, this series has some good moments; I expect you will see it soon. Have not bothered with any other series, apart from a 3-part one called ‘Cilla’, which was about  Cilla Black, a singer from Liverpool who shot to fame in the 60s, more or less the same time as the Beatles. I really enjoyed it because it captured the spirit of the time and the young actress who played the leading role was amazing. Not sure if this one will make it across the pond, but I will not be surprised if it wins awards here. Another  programme I love watching is ‘Who do you think you are?’

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2014, 08:07:09 AM »
Listy, I really like The Blacklist too.  (And I just have to mention that the daughter of a dear friend had a very small part in a recent episode - so exciting for us!)  Did you happen to catch the new program State of Affairs? It's from the creators of the Blacklist.  I watched the first episode & was disappointed, though I'll probably give it another chance.
My niece gave me her Netflix password to use, so I've decided to begin watching Mad Men.  I know, I know....I'm the only person ever who has not watched Mad Men.  :grin:   I will try to remember to watch Inspector George Gently too.

I always look forward to the return of Downton, Milla!
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2014, 01:09:36 PM »
DH and I love, love the Blacklist!  We have not been watching as much TV lately because we've become addicted to online puzzles! LOL!  So much fun!!

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 04:49:12 PM »
We recently watched the first episode of a new Masterpiece Mystery called Grantchester. It shows promise, I think, with an unlikely pair of sleuths - one a police detective and the other a priest. Their banter is very entertaining.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »
I recently started liking Bones and been catching up on it. But, now a lot of the shows that hibernated during the winter are back. I can't wait to see BlackList. We recorded it last night. I'm waiting until our son goes to bed.