News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Adele  (Read 10634 times)

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
Adele
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:59:34 AM »
Speaking of celebrities, I am hoping that this latest flame does not burst early and crash.  I haven't been so enthused over a voice in I don't know when.  She's what? 23?  And will be on the Grammys if you've been living under a rock.  Her "Rolling In The Deep" I can listen to over and over, like when I was a teenager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYEDA3JcQqw
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Swest

• Platinum Member
Re: Adele
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 04:57:26 AM »
I need to check out her other stuff. I love bluesy sounding singers. I remember hearing this for the first time and loved it.  I rarely stick to any one favorite radio station while in the car and had to know who this was, so I was quite taken with the track and had never heard of her before. This was last summer.  I refreshing change from all the high pitched girly or screechy voices that that top forty radio has forced on people in the past ten years.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 02:20:55 PM »
She puts me in mind of the great Dusty Springfield, whom I saw when she was the opening act of a Beatles concert in 1964.  My fave Adele song is Someone Like You.  I could listen to that one over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiYydcF0fZQ&feature=related

I also love Set Fire to the Rain.  She is going to be very, very big in the music world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHjNocHnQYg&feature=related
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
Since 13 yr. old DD likes her, I must not admit that i like Adele as well.  Would totally make her uncool. LOL  :rollseyes:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 04:39:41 PM »
Listy, I like those songs, too. The first is heart-wrenching to me and the 2nd explains my need to rant sometimes  :lol:
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »
Exactly the same way I feel about them.  I love blues music better than any other kind, even though it does hurt my heart sometimes.

marci65

• Platinum Member
Adele
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 09:10:31 PM »
I love Adele!  Just bought 21. I didn't know all 4 of her songs that have gotten radio play are on that album.

What are the good songs on 19?
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 10:29:51 PM »
Did anyone else just hear her sing on the Grammy's? She just blew all those lip-synching, auto-tuning, "superstars" away! 
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 11:45:09 PM »
I thought she seemed very nervous - understandable for someone so young on the most emotional Grammy night ever.  She obviously has her wonderful voice still intact after throat surgery, so I know she will be fine.  Adele is going to be a superstar.

How did you like her hair?  I liked it better before, but it doesn't really matter.  I do love her retro-glam style.

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 12:01:11 AM »
Yes, her voice shined over all the electronics (not that there's anything wrong with that!) but I just love to listen to her.  And the beat of her songs catches me, too.  Yay Yay Yay for Adele.
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »
I think we may have a bit of a girl crush going on here, Coug!

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 07:50:11 AM »
I thought she seemed very nervous - understandable for someone so young on the most emotional Grammy night ever.  She obviously has her wonderful voice still intact after throat surgery, so I know she will be fine.  Adele is going to be a superstar.

How did you like her hair?  I liked it better before, but it doesn't really matter.  I do love her retro-glam style.
Her retro look suited her, I thought.  She looked very glamorous and beautiful, though mature for her age.  Personally, I liked the photos I saw of her with simpler, longer hair a bit better.

I'm happy for her, and glad that we have another wonderful voice to enjoy - someone that my teens and I will both happily listen to! 

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 12:36:11 PM »
She seems comfortable in her own skin and I admire that.  Can't imagine she wouldn't have been a bit nervous, with a live performance and 6 nomimations to get through.  I think she's beautiful and her "look" is great.  I only saw segments of her performance on YouTube.   Amazing voice and I hope she's around for a long time.   So happy that she won all she was nom'd for. 
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
If you search for her early performances you will see that she has lost quite a bit of weight.  She generally wears that glamorous makeup you saw last night - heavy liner, false lashes, the whole nine yards.  Her bouffant hair and fitted dresses really remind me of the sixties look.  It just seems to suit her, as you say.

She does look mature for her age, but her singing is mature also.  She seems like one of those old souls, you know?  My 25-yr.-old DS pointed her out to me originally -- he loves her and he knew I would.  Lucy - When your DD gets older it won't matter if you like some of the same music, trust me. :wink: 

I preferred her darker hair color, but when she starts singing I don't care anymore!  I'm ready to start the Timeless Beauty Adele Fan Club - Cougar, Lucy, Swest, Marci, and I get to be the charter members.

christinedenice

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 07:29:27 PM »
I missed her on the Grammy's, but saw her interview on 60 Minutes last night. She said that she's always very nervous before a performance, to the point of vomiting (  :eek: ).

She is an awesome singer, and I love her look.
  • Complexion: NW30-35, thin dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue-gray/aqua-gold
  • Hair: Dark blonde with light highlights, fine, thin
"If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams, and you will always look lovely." -- Roald Dahl