News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Problems with Unread messages  (Read 1411 times)

classicbooks

• Gold Member
Problems with Unread messages
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:55:22 PM »
Fornthe past couple of weeks every time I click Unread, it's always blank, even though I can see on the forum ther are several or many recent messages that I have not seen.

I was using Tap A Talk app most of the time and it stopped showing Unread messages there also at the same time. Initially I thought it was just a Tap A Talk problem so I thought I'd just use the regular forum, but it does it here also.

I am using an iPad3.   Anyone else having the same problem?    It used to work fine in both places

SilverCrown

• Administrator
Re: Problems with Unread messages
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »
Logging out or switching between computers to access The Timeless Beauty will both cause the forum software to "forget" to list all unread posts when you click the Unread button. Instead of seeing new posts you will see the following in the middle of a gray bar:

NO UNREAD TOPICS FOUND SINCE YOUR LAST VISIT. CLICK HERE TO VIEW ALL AVAILABLE UNREAD TOPICS.

If you click on the words "Click here to view all available unread topics" you should see a list of the topics that have been "forgotten." Unfortunately that list will not persist so if there is more than one unread topic you will have to click that link to find each one until there are no more.

The other option is to look for NEW by the name of each board and, on each board, by all the topics that have new posts.

I've had a long day so if this doesn't make sense to you please don't hesitate to let me know and I'll try to give you a better response tomorrow. :)
-SilverCrown

classicbooks

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 07:58:28 AM »
Thank you, Silver.    But today for some reason it started working on the regular website again, and I think it' could be because I totally shut down the Tap a Talk app, which still does not show unread topics this morning, but that could be because I first checked the unread messages on the site itself and had that up and running on the iPad.   

So as an experiment I am going to shut down this TTB window on my iPad and later today will again see if Tap a Talk will show unread messages.    Thanks for the info about problems being logged in with two devices, I hadn't realized that.   Will report back later

classicbooks

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
OK, I
As long as I do not have TTB running on a window on my iPad,  Tap a Talk will show me unread posts.     

So problem solved.  Thanks, Silver