News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: If you could name just one fragrance as The Best, what would it be?  (Read 8383 times)

CathyEarnshaw

• Gold Member
Re: If you could name just one fragrance as The Best, what would it be?
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »
You are all invited to come and dabble! :)
I DO have a perfume cabinet! I have so much perfume that I don't dare go to MUA's fragrance board anymore. I have enough to last the rest of my life!

I feel guilty for having so much but I do use everything I have. This year, I've completed several bottles. That's unusual for me. I was so tempted to replace the empty spots in my cabinet but luckily, I stopped myself. I don't even want to hear about anything new because it tempts me so much.
  • Complexion: Fair, Combination
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: grey, straight, average thickness, dry

SuePhilly

• Platinum Member
  • Namaste.
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »
Cathy, I went to Sniffapalooza in NYC a few years ago, I was that into fragrance.  I had maybe 30 bottles and tons of samples I'd either purchased from Perfume Court or gotten with a purchase.  Lots of niche brands.  Guerlains were my passion... they loved me.  Chanels hated me.  Over time, I found that many of the perfumes I liked when I sniffed them, gave me a headache.  I gave most of them away.  Kept all the Guerlains though though I rarely wear them.  They look so pretty.
  • Complexion: Pale dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Faux blond
Age is a state of mind.

CathyEarnshaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2013, 12:15:44 AM »
Oh Sue!
I've always wanted to go to Sniffapalooza! I always used to be so envious of those who went :)

I think it would be so much fun to experience that with others who love scent like I do. It was so much fun to discover MUA and participate in all the swapping. The women there were amazing.
  • Complexion: Fair, Combination
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: grey, straight, average thickness, dry

SuePhilly

• Platinum Member
  • Namaste.
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2013, 10:45:47 AM »
Oh Sue!
I've always wanted to go to Sniffapalooza! I always used to be so envious of those who went :)

I think it would be so much fun to experience that with others who love scent like I do. It was so much fun to discover MUA and participate in all the swapping. The women there were amazing.

Frankly, Cathy, after one day of sniff my friend and I had enough.  But I am glad we went.
  • Complexion: Pale dry skin
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Faux blond
Age is a state of mind.