News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise divorce  (Read 1787 times)

chataround

• Gold Member
Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise divorce
« on: July 04, 2012, 04:41:39 PM »

I usually don't pay much mind to celebrity divorces, but I was pleased to hear about this one. Katie has looked SO unhappy, for so very long.
What do you all think about it?
  • Complexion: very fair, some slight rosacea
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: slightly wavy, shoulder length, soft black
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
                   - Rosalind Russell

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise divorce
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 06:38:59 PM »
You're right, of course - she has seemed unhappy.  Their marriage seemed a mismatch from the start, actually.  Reminds me of another Katy - Katy Perry, I mean.  Hers to Russell Brand (seem unstable to anybody else?) didn't last this long, though, and no child to worry about.  I bet old Tom C. can be a real tyrant, ya know?
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 06:39:19 PM »
I always thought TC was creepy from what I read and saw of him.  She is young and pretty and I hope that she finds happiness elsewhere.  It's so unusual these days when famous couples stay together "til death do us part". 
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:54:02 AM »
I agree. Her smiles just never quite made up to her eyes.  I hope she finds her real soul mate.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

marci65

• Platinum Member
Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise divorce
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »
Her smiles just never quite made up to her eyes.

This is a nice way of saying it.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
btw, marci, I really like your avatar.  :)

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:16:14 PM »
Thanks!  Hard to find graying curly cartoon characters, so I tried making my own.  LOL

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 12:30:09 AM »
Well, "you" look adorable. :)

Meanwhile, back to the gossip...I read that Tom was filming in Iceland when Katie filed in NY, and he was taken by surprise.  The drama continues...
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 05:34:25 AM »
I heard on the radio (possibly at least partly gossip!) yesterday morning that Tom wants to put Suri in a Scientology day school but Katie doesn't want that. Radio said that he would not back down. So the "only way" Katie could prevent this was to file for divorce, and by doing so in NY she had a better chance of having full custody. Radio also stated that her father and brother are attorneys...

I'm guessing the roots of their marriage must have been deteriorating aside from the school issue. JMO but divorce  seems like an extreme solution to pursue otherwise.

More gossip:  DH said that he heard TC is the 3rd highest ranking person in the Scientology church.

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »
It seems like ever since they were married there has been gossip about how unhappy Katie was and how she was caving in to TC's demands. Since all I have to go on is the gossip and pictures captured and edited by the paparazzi for the most part, I don't know what to think. One thing I've noticed over the past year or so is that most of the pictures I see of that family are of Katie and Suri as they go out and about. There have been (obligatory?) red carpet-type pictures of TC and Katie but I can't recall any other type of pictures of them (vacationing, out to dinner, partying, etc.).

Adding to the gossip about the current situation, I read that TC wants Suri put into Sea Org, an almost military-like school away from her parents. While this shouldn't come as any surprise to Katie, unless TC has kept her in the dark about some of the Scientology ways, that would be enough for me to split to protect my child. BUT, that's just my personal take on it. Others, especially Scientologists, may feel differently.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 09:32:15 AM »
Maybe there were talks but TC holds such a high rank that he was not going to budge. 

chataround

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »

You can see Katie has a fierce adoration towards her daughter. I'm glad that, if the rumors are true, she had the strength to get her daughter away from
Scientology if she had misgivings. Married number 3 down the tubes for TC! And I read that all three of his wives got divorced, or were divorced, at age 33.
  • Complexion: very fair, some slight rosacea
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: slightly wavy, shoulder length, soft black
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
                   - Rosalind Russell

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 07:40:45 AM »
Yes I noticed when she was photographed she looked like a zombie and people often remarked on this as well as her dowdy appearance. Of course when youre a mom you do not have the time or energy to glam up all the time but it was like the light had gone from her eyes. She always looked tired and worn, seemed to never smile unless it was for some publicity shoot.

It seems like ever since they were married there has been gossip about how unhappy Katie was and how she was caving in to TC's demands. Since all I have to go on is the gossip and pictures captured and edited by the paparazzi for the most part, I don't know what to think. One thing I've noticed over the past year or so is that most of the pictures I see of that family are of Katie and Suri as they go out and about. There have been (obligatory?) red carpet-type pictures of TC and Katie but I can't recall any other type of pictures of them (vacationing, out to dinner, partying, etc.).

Adding to the gossip about the current situation, I read that TC wants Suri put into Sea Org, an almost military-like school away from her parents. While this shouldn't come as any surprise to Katie, unless TC has kept her in the dark about some of the Scientology ways, that would be enough for me to split to protect my child. BUT, that's just my personal take on it. Others, especially Scientologists, may feel differently.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

mikaelad

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 05:54:44 PM »
New info coming out seems like she was trying to protect their daughter from Scientology.