News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Bose noise canceling headphones  (Read 1531 times)

chataround

• Gold Member
Bose noise canceling headphones
« on: July 30, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »
   Just wanted to share a recommendation. I got these for my commute home on the railroad, to watch a movie on my I-Pad or listen to music.
The ones that go over the ear are a little bulky to commute with, but they work very nicely. It doesn't close out every noise, but it does make it a lot less noticeable.

At the gym I can listen to my music and not have to hear my rude elliptical neighbor yapping on the phone. When did that become alright, by the way??

The headphones aren't cheap, but I am happy with the investment. The tone of them is good, but I would prefer a deeper, more bass-y sound, like for disco music.
They run on one AAA battery. It makes such a lovely gift if you have a three hundred to spare....

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/promotions/entry_pages/qc15/qc_15_audio.jsp&perfsourceid=K9677&src=K9677
  • Complexion: very fair, some slight rosacea
  • Eyes: hazel
  • Hair: slightly wavy, shoulder length, soft black
"Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic."
                   - Rosalind Russell

marci65

• Platinum Member
Re: Bose noise canceling headphones
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:57:00 PM »
My brother raved about these as well, since he does a lot of air travel these days.  Good for you that you treated yourself to these!  Heck, riding a train I would want to wear them even if I listened to NOTHING coming through them, just to cancel out the sound of the train sometimes.  :/  Enjoy! 
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »
This has been on my list for so long. I don't know why I never purchased them.  My anniversary is coming soon. I may have to place a picture of this on my DH's pillow.   :grin:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Une Femme

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 01:04:22 PM »
I bought these for my DH a couple of years ago (he travels frequently) and he just loves them.

Bettany

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
They do seem a bit bulky but I guess that's the main ingredient if they actually cancel out noise from the outside...
But what's with those Beats Headphones you see everyone wearing these days? Are they any good or are they just one of those random hypes?
Beauty from inside

mikaelad

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 05:57:13 PM »
Those headphones are amazing. I have a pair. The sound is phenomenal and they noise cancelling works great.

Bree777

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 05:31:34 PM »
My coworker recently got a pair for work, but because these headphones work SO well she usually misses phone calls!!