News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Have you switched to your fall scents yet?  (Read 3638 times)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Have you switched to your fall scents yet?
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 09:46:34 PM »
I always wanted to have a signature scent, and I did when I was younger.  Everyone associates that one fragrance with you, all your coats smell like it, even your clothes absorb it.  It's kind of cool, actually. 

I haven't had one I felt like that about in years, though.  There is too much out there, I guess.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 01:56:46 PM »
I must be the minority here because I wear the same fragrance all year long.  Arpege.

Nothing wrong with having a signature scent!
Agreed!   I would love to a signature scent, too.  :) I'm glad that you have a signature scent Anita.  I'll have to check it out and the next time I smell Arpege, I'll think of you, Anita.

I just googled Arpege and it has a wonderful history.
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Anita

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
Thanks ladies.  My grandma wore nothing but Arpege and the scent always reminds me of her.  It was very difficult to find for many years and Lanvin did reformulate it about 10 years ago, but it is ME.  My sons call it Mom's "Arm-Pitage".  Hardy-har-har. 

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 10:09:16 PM »
That's so cute!  See, when you have a signature scent people even make up pet names for it.

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 12:16:57 AM »
For me Arpege was 'a moment's madness'. I loved it when I tried it; I was given a bottle of EDP;couldn't wear and gave it away!
I tried Coco Noir yesterday. I found it merely pleasant, nothing memorable. It reminds me of other scents. DH said he didn't like it on me (but then he doesn't like most scents... apart from Rive Gauche, which I 've gone off completely)

marci65

• Platinum Member
Have you switched to your fall scents yet?
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 10:55:19 AM »
I started my Hanai Mori Butterfly EDT. It was so nice to change!  I still love it. 
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

Esthy

• Bronze Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2013, 01:58:37 PM »
Well, yes, but it's more like I feel more comfortable wearing it in the fall because I wear it always yet it would probably be classified as a more cold weather fragrance. Filigree by the Thymes ltd, lovely burst of juniper, neroli. Starts out sharp (a lot like Clinique Wrappings), dries down to a soft, warm and very feminine scent. Clean too, which is unusual for Oriental family scents IMO.
  • Complexion: very fair, NW10ish
  • Eyes: blue
  • Hair: blond, straight, sad
I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals.
Brigitte Bardot

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 09:25:36 AM »
Thanks for reviving this topic, Esthy!  I was just coming here to start a new one, but I like seeing what we were wearing a year ago, too.  Meanwhile, weather here is slightly cooler and less humid, so I got brave and used one tiny spritz of SJP Lovely.  It's one of my favorites from last winter - can't believe I waited so long to try this one.  I guess I am a snob about celebrity scents, but this one gets me compliments all the time. :perfume:

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »
Hi Esthy and welcome!  :welcome:

I just put my D&G The One away and pulled out Chanel Coco for fall. The temps have been dropping into the 40s at night and that's cool enough for me to make the switch. :)

I confess that I would love to test Filigree - it sounds like a perfect fall scent.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

sashamy

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 01:54:45 PM »
I don't know why, but I always go back to Avon's Imari when the temps drop. I tried others, but always come back to this one. And yes, cold her the past few days after 90+ degree weather a few days last week. Don't know what to wear at this point. Perhaps snow by the end of the week? :lol:

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2013, 11:17:52 PM »
Tried the Chanel Coco Noir and feel "meh" about it.  But over time, my opinion could change.

I did however finally replenish my Coco which I very much love for the cool seasons.  Oh do I love it.
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Une Femme

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 04:20:06 PM »
I'm just using up the last of my summer fragrance (Charlotte Ronson's Perfect Touch and Balenciaga Florabotanica) but I am looking forward to opening up Carven.

NorthwestBBJn

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
I'm just now in the process of making a switch. To wake up my senses in the early morning I like a blast of Pacifica's Mexican Cocoa.
On the quiet misty days it'll be either of SL's Un Lys or Fourreau Noir - the latter if I'm feeling sad or nostalgic.Colder days and most nights call for SL's Un Bois Vanille or Chergui. Hmm; I guess Lutens are big with me, eh? Oh, but I did get a sample of Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille which has a good chance of ending up on my favorite's list.

Also, has anyone else discovered Abdes Salaam Attar's Milano Caffe in the am or Amber Chocolate at night? Yum! I love the natural perfumes too, especially to wear when I go to public places where anti-perfume people may lurk. One of those types would have to get waaay to close to be able to smell me, and then it wouldn't be one of those "objectionable" flower scents they rant against.
  • Complexion: fair to medium with yellow undertones
  • Eyes: green
  • Hair: med. brown with blonde highlights

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 01:39:43 PM »
So many good suggestions in one post!  That Mexican Cocoa is next on my list to try from Pacifica.  Now I am off to look up Abdes Salaam Attar...