News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Oh Boy, Downton Abbey. ~Spoilers from last night!~  (Read 1496 times)

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
Oh Boy, Downton Abbey. ~Spoilers from last night!~
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:37 PM »
Did anyone else see last night's episode? My thoughts...
 Poor Sybil. If only they'd moved her to the hospital. How will Cora ever forgive Robert?
I wish they'd rap up the 'Mr. Bates in prison' storyline.
Yay Edith! She was so unlikeable in the first season. I love that she's writing for the newspaper. Lord Grantham's reaction to it is hysterical. And Violet's too!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:09:28 PM by ILuvLucy »
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

Une Femme

• Platinum Member
Re: Oh Boy, Downton Abbey. ~Spoilers from last night!~
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:22:45 PM »
This was the first one I missed, so thanks for the update!  I'm with you - let's get that prison thing over with.  I use those scenes to go unload the dishwasher.  The chemistry between Bates and Anna is excellent (she's so good and about the only one that I think doesn't seem like a stock character) and it's missing right now...

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »
I haven't seen the episode yet so I was avoiding this topic. But then I saw a NBC.com "news" headline that gave the gist of the episode away so I came here to read. I'm happy to learn that there are still some other parts of the episode that I don't know all about yet.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 04:11:05 PM »
I am not saying anything because i've seen it all.... very very sad.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:21:44 AM »
I've been fighting a cold and so over the weekend, I set aside time to watch Downton Abbey.  Our cable has a special button just for Downton. It has Season 1, Season 2 and current Season. So, I started to watch Season 1 on Saturday and Sunday and got thru three episodes of Season 2. I don't know what I was expecting. I like it but not as much as the people at work. I may finish Season 2 since I've already started and I do want to know about Mr. Bates and poor Anna. It's one of those show that I will watch when I have the time but won't set time to watch.  I guess, I'm the odd duck.  :hidesbehindsofa:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »
Nope, SusieQ, you're not alone. I started out strong the first season of DA but missed the entire second season. I started watching this season but I haven't been able to muster enough interest to continue, even though I'm recording all the episodes.

Part of what had me excited this season was a mystery knit along that I was participating in - or I was going to participate in until I learned the finished item was a pair of lacy gauntlets. Now Abbey on NCIS wears gauntlets just like these all the time and they are intended to fit with the 1920s era but I just don't see myself using them and I don't know of anyone else to give them to. So I even lost that weak tie-in to the series.

I haven't totally written the show off or I wouldn't be saving all this season's episodes but I honestly think I have other ways that I'd rather spend my time.
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 12:08:24 PM »
I'm still a big fan!  Wondering if anyone watched last night? 
I love how the characters are all progressing into the "modern" era.  Some are being dragged, kicking and screaming LOL!
Enjoying the Daisy storyline too.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

milla

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 01:08:38 PM »
So you all know what happened to Sybil! That was terrible. I was stunned. But even if they had moved to the hospital she wouldn't have a chance.In 1930s she would have been a gonner anyway. My mother -in-law suffered from the same condition and it was touch and go, apparently.
I wonder if they will show the'Christmas Special' in the US..... :cry:

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 10:30:57 AM »
Last night I tried episode 3 of Season 2 and I wondered off to the bedroom and started to fold laundry. Then, I thought about what is keeping me from watching the show?  It took me until this morning.  I'm not reallly fond of soaps anymore. In high school, I remember that a few of the girls were talking about One Life to Live. I was sucked into that one for a very long time.  Once the honeymoon was over - a very long honeymoon, I've never gone back. It's great the we can record shows that we like and watch them later, though.  I will continue to watch the rest of Season 2.  But, it may take me a long time....
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves