News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Women of Style  (Read 1012 times)

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
Women of Style
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
I would like to recommend a blog that I have been reading regularly for about 6 months now.  It is offered by an Image Consultant who is currently based in Berlin.  She posts beautiful pictures and offers her opinion on what and why it works.   I found her to be very helpful.  Its funny, because I could say there is nothing here I have not heard or read before.  Yet there is something about seeing it illustrated in pictures that makes me go "ah!  I get it now."

I wish to drum up readers for this blog, because she is a very busy professional and I want her to feel all the time she is putting into her blog is appreciated and helpful and she should keep giving such great 'free advice' to those of us who cannot afford an Image Consultant.

So yes, this is a selfish request, but I am sure anyone interested in fashion, being chic and truly themselves will love it too.  http://colourmuse.blogspot.com/  Check it out, beauties.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

SusanG

• Platinum Member
Re: Women of Style
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:39 PM »
I've been reading Women of Style for a long time. She has a unique eye, and an appreciation for elegance.
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:45:19 PM »
Just scanning down the first page, I was struck by two items.  One was the woman with silver-gray hair wearing a silver-gray outfit.  How many of us have the confidence to dress in our own hair color?  I'm going to try it!  Silver in silver.

Oh - and the other was a comment she received from someone else about having fine hair.  She was told that fine hair is "angel hair."  I rather like that description.  Hear that, Lucy?  We have angel hair! :angel2:
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »
Yes, Listy, 'angel hair' is quite delightful sounding.  Lisa is very positive!  I'm learning not to call my hair 'mousy'. 
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »
You could never be mousy, Poppy!  We too often fall into the habit of emphasizing what we perceive as faults.  Positive is good!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce