News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Scentsy Dupes  (Read 2243 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Scentsy Dupes
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:37:27 PM »
I've been meaning to get Scentsy online since I found someone in my area that sells them but just never got around to it. But, I found something similar at WalMart today.  The ScentSational.  I hope that these are good. I don't expect them to be as good.  Anyone tried these before?  I also purchased one of the mini wax warmer. These are the waxes I purchased:

Two Sweet Peas - I love Sweet Peas
Two French Lilac Flower
One Sun-kissed Tulips
One  rain kissed

I can't wait to try these.   
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 03:52:14 PM by SusieQ »
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Scentsy Dupes
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:02:54 AM »
I didn't know what Scentsy was until I looked it up.  You are a hard woman to keep up with, SusieQ!  I like burning oils in a burner, but haven't tried waxes yet.  Are these like soy tarts?
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
I didn't know what Scentsy was until I looked it up.  You are a hard woman to keep up with, SusieQ!  I like burning oils in a burner, but haven't tried waxes yet.  Are these like soy tarts?

:shesaid:
I'm so behind the times. I still use candles. LOL.  Thank goodness we have SusieQ to keep us on the cutting edge.  :thumbup:
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »
Yes, similar to that. I had mine by the stove and my DH actually liked it. I tried the sweet pea.  Once the scent is gone, you can place it back in its oringal container for disposal at a later time.  I really love that it's sooo easy to use and I can just forget about it.  I heard that Scentsy is much better, of course but since I've nevet tried them, these are just perfect for me. The burner itself was $10 and the wax are $2.00 a pack (six square in a pack).  I like and it's cheap enough.  But, they are not in the regular aisle where they keep the plug things. They are in home area - where they vases and stuff. I've been searching for them and I just ran into them when I was buying laundry soap. 

Luella

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
I have used scentsy so many times and love it.  I think that it makes the house smell wonderful.  I have also used the bars from Walmart.  they are cheaper but I do not think that they last as long.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 09:32:09 PM »
I have used scentsy so many times and love it.  I think that it makes the house smell wonderful.  I have also used the bars from Walmart.  they are cheaper but I do not think that they last as long.
Luella, I use the ones from walmart, too. But, that I seems to have allergies to some things, I haven't burned any lately.  I did read that Scentsy scents do last longer.