News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: "notify" e-mails of new posts?  (Read 1536 times)

marci65

• Platinum Member
"notify" e-mails of new posts?
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
I need a reality check, please.  I thought that when I became a member at TTB, there was an e-mail that I received that showed new posts in threads that I wanted to follow.  I am not getting the e-mails anymore, but I checked and the threads show "Unnotify" as the option.  So I'm thinking that I'm set up to get them, but I'm not. 

Can you tell me the e-mail address that these notifications for topics/forums we are following, so that I can make sure I have it as a "safe sender"?

I don't know what else I would need to check to make sure I get the e-mails.  They really help me keep up and participate on the boards. 

Thanks!
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: curly / "salt & pepper"

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: "notify" e-mails of new posts?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:13:06 AM »
I need a reality check, please.  I thought that when I became a member at TTB, there was an e-mail that I received that showed new posts in threads that I wanted to follow.  I am not getting the e-mails anymore, but I checked and the threads show "Unnotify" as the option.  So I'm thinking that I'm set up to get them, but I'm not. 

Can you tell me the e-mail address that these notifications for topics/forums we are following, so that I can make sure I have it as a "safe sender"?

I don't know what else I would need to check to make sure I get the e-mails.  They really help me keep up and participate on the boards. 

Thanks!
I didn't this is an option.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:18:08 AM »
Possible that I misunderstood what it's supposed to do.  But I would love to see that option if it's available in the forum platform!

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 09:33:58 AM »
Possible that I misunderstood what it's supposed to do.  But I would love to see that option if it's available in the forum platform!
I'm sure that you are right. I just never looked beyond posting and updated basic info in my profile.  :)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 11:14:59 AM »
Notifications of new posts by email should be an option and at one time was. Your post made me realize that I only receive notification of new TOPICS, not new posts like I used to. So something is gumming up the works and I'll be looking into it this weekend. Thanks for the heads up!
-SilverCrown

marci65

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 06:41:14 PM »
Thanks, SilverCrown! 

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 10:59:09 PM »
Marci65 - I get these notification emails -  they come from admin@thetimelessbeauty.com.  Hope this helps a little!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 05:37:02 AM »
There is a button that says "notify". I've never used it, but I think you have to click on it to be notified of new posts in any given topic.
Or, when you make a comment, you can chose to be notified of replies to that comment under "attachments and other options".
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask

SilverCrown

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 08:50:42 AM »
I just discovered that one of my personal profile settings was wrong. Here's how to set yours:

1. Go to your Profile

2. Select Notifications

3. Be sure there is a check in the box next to Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.

4. Immediately after For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me: select your preference.

5. Below that and after For topics and boards I've requested notification on, notify me of: select Only replies. The only moderation we use at TTB has to do with new accounts that pass the initial spam test but still seem to be questionable, like link-droppers.

That should take care of it. I've heard from one member that she regularly receives notifications so I don't think TTB is broken. However, if you set everything just as outlined above and still have a problem, please let me know. I'll dig deeper!

-SilverCrown

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 09:18:22 AM »
Reminder: Be sure to click the box on the right to Save settings when you finish making your selections.
-Canie