News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Am I weird?  (Read 2231 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Am I weird?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
Styyna, weird? Yes!   Now that we have that out of the way, we really do need to get together so that I pump some thing to y'all to make y'all talk.  :lol:  I was such shy girl and I mean shy. I would go to class early so that no one would look at me. People thought that I wasa  snob because I won't talk to anyone or say anything. I just stared! :eek:

I can't tell you when something click but something did and now people can't shut me up.  :grin:  Once in a blue moon, that shy girl will materialized out of no where and I have to fight to get her back in the box.  I won't answer the house phone because it's usually someone trying to sell us something. If wanted to buy something, I will call.  So, I just don't bother answering the phone or the door. 

I honestly believe that you are all very interesting individual to me.  This forum is incredible. I don't think that we should have to talk about makeup or skin care all the time.  We can talk about anything and everything and we do.  I believe the Timeless Beauty is also about what's inside.  The smile that you give to someone that needed that day. When you give your sit for someone; when hold the door, etc., you all know what I mean. We were all drawn here because of makeup and/or skin care but I would love to think that we stay because we care for each other.

*getting off soap box*   :cloudnine:  Styyna,  :drool:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »
Add me to the Weird Bunch! I check in here a couple of times a day, and read just about every new post. I can feel posters' personalities shining through their words, which is a comforting experience. I have battled with depression most of my adult life, and it can be hard to "get out there" in the "real world". Thank you all for being here!   :thanks: 
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 03:50:09 PM »
SusanG :hug:

SusanG

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 05:48:34 PM »
SusieQ:  :flowers2:
  • Complexion: Fair: MAC NC15, Ivory in Dior
  • Hair: Natural light brown with a little silver, pixie cut

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
No I do not think you are weird. I think as we get older maybe we do not feel the need for a lot of extras. Not that I don't fall into temptation but then I think of all the other cosmetics in my stash that I have not used up and that USUALLY stops me.   My own income is limited while a little frustrating at times I just do not buy into the hype that I really need this or that. I have already figured out what really works for me and how my body reacts to certain things and lifestyle.    I guess this is why the other site that I used to frequent did not want to add a board for older women.  I would be annoyed as well if people kept jumping in.     I did not understand menopause until I was in peri maybe early to mid forties and felt the physical and psychological changes going on.
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

Cougar

• Ageless Beauty
  • Tuscana @ MUA
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 09:09:01 PM »
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't realize I'd hit menopause  :lol:

Girl friends were shocked at me ... I had no idea what was going on!!!
  • Complexion: complexion - light olive, super oily
  • Eyes: eyes - dark dark brown
  • Hair: hair - drk brown, drk caramel highlights, super fine
. *´¨)
 ¸.•´ ¸.•´¨)
(¸.•´  ¸.•´
 . . Cougar

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 10:21:49 AM »
What an amazing response to my simple question! I love all the thoughts and ideas everyone shared.

I find so much in common with you. This would be a really long post if I listed all the commonalities just from this topic so I won't. I find it reassuring to see that we are all in this together. With few women friends throughout my life, it's wonderful to have TTB to turn to when I need a reality check.

I like what SusieQ said:

We were all drawn here because of makeup and/or skin care but I would love to think that we stay because we care for each other.

:bighug: :heartthrob:
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

Poppyfields

• Ageless Beauty
  • letting myself go ..... forward
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 01:14:31 PM »
Aw, Styyna, I'm just like you.  I have not purchased any new makeup for a year and a half, so I don't feel I have anything to share.  But my interest in makeup and need to socialize with like minded women keep be coming here.

Thanks for the lovely meeting place, even tho I (we) don't post much.
  • Complexion: Fair, neutral
  • Eyes: dark blue
  • Hair: med. ash blond, gray highlights
There is nothing wrong with you. Not one single thing. Any fault lies with the fashion/cosmetic/marketing industry that has trained you with false proof to believe that you’re not perfect.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
Poppy - I always enjoy seeing you here, even if you haven't bought anything new.  That really isn't the only thing we care about!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 11:12:56 AM »
@SusieQ - like you, I can completely relate to the phone issue. Personally I HATE phones and won't talk on one unless it's absolutely necessary. I was like this even as a teen too. My husband and I have the cheapest mobile phone plan and phones going, and no one else has our numbers save for us. We only use them to touch base if we're out. I maybe use up a total of 5-10 minutes in a whole month. My husband answers the house phone, and if I'm here alone, I often don't, unless I'm expecting a call related to our apartment managing thing here. I'm much better dealing one-on-one with someone(I'm NOT good in social settings and avoid them now save for a common interest like my hoop mates), and I'm the queen of e-mail to my best friend. Plus discussion boards are perfect for those of us who are more introverted as we can say what we want pretty much whereas in real life we'd be over in the corner somewhere, seriously! I have to feel super-comfortable with someone in real life before I open my mouth pretty much. Then I'll talk, but it's still one-on-one, in a quieter setting.
Meanwhile, DH will talk to someone on the phone for a whole half-hour or more, something I've always marveled at. I just feel stressed-out on phones in general myself. I can trace the stressed-out aspect to a particular bad time in my life too.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 11:56:32 AM »
I wonder why this is?  I don't like talking on the phone either, but you can't shut me up on this one forum.  I think you may be on to something, cara4art, about introverts and online forums!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

sashamy

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 02:05:57 PM »
I don't usually like talking on the phone either, unless it is my daughter or my girlfriend. Then I can talk for hours on just about any subject.

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »
I don't usually like talking on the phone either, unless it is my daughter or my girlfriend. Then I can talk for hours on just about any subject.
Even at work, I really don't take calls. I would allow my voicemail take it and the following week, I would so much that I would hate it even more! It's rare that I call clients back. I just send them email. I'm polite. I thank them for leaving me a voicemail, give answers to their questions and thank them again.

And, when I get an email from a client wanting to talk to me, I would moan and groan for about 10 minutes and swear (mildly) and pout until I hear the other person on the other line. My family would leave me messages at work and tell me that they understand that I won't listen to their messages until the following week. They will try and call me at home.  :hidesbehindsofa:

I do better talking to someone face to face but I won't open my door, either.  :o

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2013, 10:06:02 PM »
@SusieQ - like you, I can completely relate to the phone issue. Personally I HATE phones and won't talk on one unless it's absolutely necessary. I was like this even as a teen too. My husband and I have the cheapest mobile phone plan and phones going, and no one else has our numbers save for us. We only use them to touch base if we're out. I maybe use up a total of 5-10 minutes in a whole month. My husband answers the house phone, and if I'm here alone, I often don't, unless I'm expecting a call related to our apartment managing thing here. I'm much better dealing one-on-one with someone(I'm NOT good in social settings and avoid them now save for a common interest like my hoop mates), and I'm the queen of e-mail to my best friend. Plus discussion boards are perfect for those of us who are more introverted as we can say what we want pretty much whereas in real life we'd be over in the corner somewhere, seriously! I have to feel super-comfortable with someone in real life before I open my mouth pretty much. Then I'll talk, but it's still one-on-one, in a quieter setting.
Meanwhile, DH will talk to someone on the phone for a whole half-hour or more, something I've always marveled at. I just feel stressed-out on phones in general myself. I can trace the stressed-out aspect to a particular bad time in my life too.
Cara, I think Listy is right. You may be on to something here....

ILuvLucy

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 07:45:01 AM »
A few months ago, our house phone (the cordless handset) went missing for almost 2 weeks.  I didn't really bother to look for it.  That's how much I hate talking on the phone.
I can access my house phone voicemails on a cell phone app, and read them on my email.
  • Complexion: Light/Medium
  • Hair: Blonde/Thin/Straight
"A mysterious expression will add a lovely sheen to your complexion" --Nancy Drew in The Clue of the Velvet Mask