News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: You Tube - Found Someone I Like  (Read 1950 times)

katz56

You Tube - Found Someone I Like
« on: May 27, 2013, 11:16:59 PM »
I watch youtube all the time, but let's face it most are like 15 giving tips on hooded eyes and mature makeup, makes me sick!  Anyway I have several that I like and I've seen some posted on here, but found this lady last week...she gives great reviews on products and skincare for mature women...she's fifty.  When you go to youtube just type HotandFlashy in search and her videos will show up.  If someone has already posted this I'm sorry I haven't seen it and if I'm suppose to put this somewhere else please tell me and I won't post here.

BTW I also like emilynoel83
                        Lisa Eldridge
                        Kathyspears-she gives great skin care advise, she's an esthetician (sp)

If you guys have anyone you really like, would love to know, this is kinda my thing, watching these videos.  I'm still trying to learn the hooded eye, I don't think I'll ever get it down!! 

Denise
  • Complexion: Fair, age spots, freckles, some wrinkles
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Ahh Colored - Brown now, naturally curly

Swest

• Platinum Member
Re: You Tube - Found Someone I Like
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:32:59 PM »
I think Ive seen her turn up in my side bar. There was also woman with blonde hair 50(?) years old that someone here recommended that I was following for a while ---uh forgot her YT name. Not the same person. I will need to check H&F out TY.

Ah keys are starting to stick :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:10:19 AM by Swest »
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:03:25 AM »
You might be referring to Uppiesbeads59SusieQ told us about her.

I think we can move this topic over to Member Recommended Beauty Blogs & Forums.  Okay?  Let's go...
-Canie

Canie

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:34:21 AM »
Here is the You Tube channel katz56 likes (Hot & Flashy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d4ymBrLTkY
-Canie

classicbooks

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:43:08 PM »
I do like some of those YouTubers,  but I am finding they are either not quite as old as myself or they do not have the very dry skin and other issues that I have.  I found Catalina 031 a couple weeks ago.  Her name is Jan and she is at least 62 , with sagging, dry, crepey skin.  She is not so much into tutorials, But does discuss various skincare and make up regimens that she finds are working well for her or do not work so well.  I love her laid-back, chattiness and feel like it's almost like sitting down and having a conversation with a friend over tea.   

Here is her channel:

http://m.youtube.com/user/Catalina031

The order of the videos in this link goes from most recent to least recent.  I enjoyed starting with her older ones and working my way up from there.

Someone needs to start a beauty blog or youtube channel for post-menopausal women only.   Losing the hormones causes such a profound change in the skin--dramatic loss of elasticity and thickness,  more crepeyness,  more sagging and of course, wrinkles.   Up until age 57 I still had great, firm skin, but later that year my periods stopped, then 1-2 years after that is when TSHTF and I aged overnight, despite always eating very healthy, exercising, no smoking, no drinking, taking lots of supplements.    As Jan (Catalina) says, there are just some things that are part of the aging process that cannot be corrected short of surgery, and we have to learn to accept that, while also knowing we can still look our best with good skincare and makeup that make the best of what we do have without looking overly done and ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 12:53:11 PM by classicbooks »

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 01:29:59 PM »
I know what you mean about skin changing after menopause.  Still, I trust the advice and suggestions I get here more than anywhere else online.  I guess because I have been here almost four years now!

Thanks for Jan's link - I will enjoy watching her videos!
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

katz56

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 02:40:05 PM »
Thank you Canie for moving my post where it needed to be, guess I just didn't see this forum yesterday...thanks.   Yes that is the lady I was talking about.   I will check Catalina out, sounds very interesting.  And I also agree about the hormones and post-menopause, boy it seems everything is changing on me, plus I can't think clear sometimes and I would have thought that was just me, but read an article this morning that post-menopausal women don't think as clear sometimes, esp. ladies who have a lot of hot flashes  --  that's me.  I'm hot all the time!!

Thanks for all replies.  I also take the videos with a grain of salt, but do learn some interesting things sometimes.
  • Complexion: Fair, age spots, freckles, some wrinkles
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Hair: Ahh Colored - Brown now, naturally curly

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 03:44:03 PM »
Thanks for the links - there really is an increasing need. After all, baby boomer women are a sizeable demographic and people are missing out on not providing all kinds of helpful information for this stage of life without caving to negative stereotypes, whether it be strictly health and fitness-related, or down to beauty details.
I checked out HotandFlashy - looks like some good advice there. I already knew about emilynoel83 and will check out the others later. To her credit emilynoel83 does a variety of reviews(high-end and drugstore, helpful for those of us on a budget) and her enthusiasm is infectious. Sometimes she has her mother on talking about her skin care and makeup which is great too for adding things that are relevant to mature women. Her mother DOES take good care of her skin and a good bit of it is drugstore too, which is refreshing to see.
Yes, there are lots of us, despite the popularity of procedures, and even aggressive skin care routines, who will never do any of this for one reason or another but still want to look as good as we can for as long as possible in a believable way. That doesn't mean that we're trying to look 35 LOL - more like trying to look like ourselves on a good day when we've had enough rest, exercise and healthy food. Plus it would look a bit odd if we had NO wrinkles or irregularities by the time we're in our 50s, 60s and up. Good skincare, well-applied fine makeup and health habits in general can make a big difference, but it's different from the increasingly surgical/procedure-related beauty standard that is in front of us now. But most of all, some peace of mind, some joy in life and enthusiasm will light up any face. Good advice always welcome though.:)

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 05:54:15 PM »
Good skincare, well-applied fine makeup and health habits in general can make a big difference, but it's different from the increasingly surgical/procedure-related beauty standard that is in front of us now. But most of all, some peace of mind, some joy in life and enthusiasm will light up any face. Good advice always welcome though.:)
Amen to this, cara4art; amen to this. :)
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

Swest

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Thanks for the link. I think this may become my other girly hangout --besides this one of course.

Here is the You Tube channel katz56 likes (Hot & Flashy):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d4ymBrLTkY
  • Complexion: Fair-med NC20, combo
  • Hair: Dark Reddish Brown

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:40 PM »
Thank you, Katz for the Hot and Flashy.  I've marked her channel to watch late.  :grin:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves