News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: HAIR-- Blow-Dryer Stand  (Read 3274 times)

Faire

• Silver Member
  • True beauty resides in the heart
HAIR-- Blow-Dryer Stand
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:50:39 AM »
I found this Blow-Dryer Stand about 3-years-ago. I wish such a contraption existed 30-years-ago!

For anyone who holds a blow-dryer in one hand, and a brush in the other, trying to style their hair, this Stand is wonderful as it's 'hands-free'. For me, I just can't do it the old way anymore... my arms get so tired.

As well, you can keep the hot-air from burning your hair by standing further away from the Stand... and, you can easily step-into and out-of the flow of the air.

I just can't recommend this Stand highly enough. So much so, that I bought a back-up for the day when my current one may fall apart. I never want to be without this thing.

From Organize-It (see the Review I wrote for it over there under FaireMaiden) http://www.organizeit.com/hair-dryer-holder-styling-stand.asp?cmpid=SLI

p.s. It does work better with a smaller blow-dryer as the Stand may topple over due to the weight of the large dryers.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:30:33 AM by Faire »
  • Complexion: Fair, clear, and on the dry side
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Very long, wavy, and graying
Bless'd Be

Styyna

• Ageless Beauty
  • "steena"
Re: HAIR-- Blow-Dryer Stand
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »
Good find! I've often longed for something just like this. Now, if I were to get one I would have to completely rearrange my vanity... something that probably needs to be done about now anyway. :)
  • Complexion: NW10; slight rosacea; dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Dark blonde with slight gray, thick, wavy, dry
To be kind to all, to like many and love a few, to be needed and wanted by those we love, is certainly the nearest we can come to happiness. - Mary Stuart

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 10:36:38 AM »
Ooohhh, I like!

On the funny side...has anyone see the commercial on this thing?!

http://www.asseenontv.com/air-curler/detail.php?p=448276

I love it! (No  :grin:)
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

sashamy

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »
I got this 3 years ago after my surgery since I was not allowed to raise my left arm over my head. It was a lifesaver!

Faire

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 05:48:22 PM »
Ooohhh, I like! On the funny side...has anyone see the commercial on this thing?! http://www.asseenontv.com/air-curler/detail.php?p=448276 I love it! (No  :grin:)
I hadn't seen this before, no. I can see how it might work, but all the models have very sleek hair to begin with. It would probably curl my hair, but it wouldn't calm it, thus, I would end-up with curled frizz! LOL :argh: LOL
Bless'd Be

Faire

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
Good find! I've often longed for something just like this. Now, if I were to get one I would have to completely rearrange my vanity... something that probably needs to be done about now anyway. :)
Styyna... I'm always so much more inclined to do this chore when making room for something new, rather than just because it's a mess! :lol:

I got this 3 years ago after my surgery since I was not allowed to raise my left arm over my head. It was a lifesaver!
{{{Lara}}} I hope you're all okay now. :flowers2: And, yes, I agree... this Stand is a life-saver! I enjoy doing my hair now.  :blowdryer:
Bless'd Be

ashleyflores097

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 05:09:48 AM »
WOW i haven't seen this before I've often longed for something like this. Now, if I
 get one my vanity will be complete  :)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
WOW i haven't seen this before I've often longed for something like this. Now, if I
 get one my vanity will be complete  :)
So, are you going to get one, ashley?  :grin:
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Hair: Black w/waves

angela001

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 12:50:46 AM »
I haven't seen this ever! Where can I purchase this thingy?  :)