News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Need to find a new moisturizer  (Read 2352 times)

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
Re: Need to find a new moisturizer
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 09:39:33 AM »
In the last four or five months, I've been mixing my diy oil blend with my moisturizer. I just put both in my palm and rub together and pressed the product onto my skin.  It's been working beautifully. At night, I add three drops of the oil and in the morning only two drops. 

I don't recall feeling that tightness or dryness of my skin since using oils on my skin.  And, there are weekends that I forget to put on moisturizer/oil and my skin still feels nice and hydrated throughout the day.

Good luck, Lara!  I hope you find your moisturizer soon!!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

mikaelad

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2014, 12:47:33 PM »
I'm not sure if these skincare products have hyaluronic acid, but they are recommended on a doctor's site, so maybe they are worth checking out.

silverstreak

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
In doing my online research I came across this facial moisturizer called DML Facial Moisturizer. It is sold through online through drugstore.com. I think I will compare its ingredients to CeraVe. I think the two are comparable in price.

My biggest problem is that my face gets really dry in the winter because of inside heat despite having a whole house humidifier and walking outside in the cold several times a day with the dog. My cheeks and under eye area are the driest parts of my face and I really need hydration more than I need antiaging stuff.

I really like what I am reading about oils, but don't know if they will help keep my skin hydrated.

Why is this harder than finding a new foundation?

Just in case you are still searching, may I suggest you look at what I use, Monsia Skincare. The day & night moisturizers both have hyaluronate or hyaluronic acid listed in the ingredients. The other thing I do during the winters in the UK is to apply a couple of drops of vit E oil on top of the moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated. Sorry I missed your post until today!!!
  • Complexion: olive
  • Eyes: brown
  • Hair: white & grey, straight but coarse & thick.
silverstreak

eeemm

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »
I personally love CeraVe as well. But I top it up with facial oils at night.
Some of my fav facial oils: rose hip oil, sweet almond oil and sea buckthorn berry oil.

I am planning to try pomegranate seed oil next. I read that it contains very high concentrations of antioxidants.

cara4art

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 01:32:00 PM »
Since I've been on a Curology(used to be PocketDerm)Rx for a little over a couple of years, what I've found extremely helpful over the CeraVe PM(which I wear over the Rx)is Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It seals everything in, and really helps one tolerate Rx retinoids, which I never thought I would be able to do until starting off slowly with those at low strength, and using the Aquaphor. Oils by themselves don't help me(believe I tried in the past), my skin needs HYDRATION in addition to lubrication, thus I do better with a couple or layers of different, but still bland stuff surrounding my Rx. Still loving CeraVe overall with the three products that I use. Another promising one in their line-up is their newer Healing Ointment which is a bit lighter than Aquaphor - it makes a GREAT eye cream by the way - far better than their eye cream per se(which irritated and dried my eye area out within 2 days of use).