News: The Timeless Beauty is a forum for women over 40.
Chat with us about makeup, skin care, or whatever is on your mind.
Free and open membership. Never any ads. Privacy always respected.
Interested? Read here and/or here. Or just register!

Author Topic: Any lovers of Calyx?  (Read 872 times)

sashamy

Any lovers of Calyx?
« on: September 23, 2013, 07:15:39 PM »
The sa at the Estee Lauder counter at Macy's told me that they will be selling Prescriptives Calyx perfume. I love this scent and can't wait to buy it again. Buying online it is not always available.

Esthy

• Bronze Member
Re: Any lovers of Calyx?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 07:30:22 PM »
I enjoyed it a lot (found it wearable, which is untrue of most green frags for me). Used to get samples of it regularly when there were Px counters. I don't think I would purchase it, but I know there are lots of Calyx fans who would, so I'm glad it's back. I found it a very fresh, green, citrus with a bouncy feel. I really don't know why the Px counters had to go when it seems there are devoted users of most all of their products!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 05:25:13 PM by Esthy »
  • Complexion: very fair, NW10ish
  • Eyes: blue
  • Hair: blond, straight, sad
I gave my beauty and my youth to men. I am going to give my wisdom and experience to animals.
Brigitte Bardot

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 11:17:09 PM »
Calyx sounds very clean, fresh, and uplifting.  I'll bet it's great for a summer scent!  It wouldn't suit me very well, but I am happy for those who do love it.  I hate when my favorites are discontinued. :(
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce

SusieQ

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:39:13 AM »
It does sound lovely. I never really got into Prescriptives line but I like that it is part of the fruity floral fragrances.  I'm so glad that it will be easier for you to purchase someone you love, Lara!
  • Complexion: Medium/Combination
  • Eyes: Brown
  • Hair: Black w/waves

sashamy

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
I just hope that this one was not reformulated as many of my former fragrance loves have been.

makinalist

• Ageless Beauty
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »
I have seen conflicting reports as to whether or not Calyx has been reformulated.  I am suspicious mostly because it was unavailable for a while and then reintroduced, but then I am old and jaded. :wink:

Could you get a sample once Macy's has it available?  If not, somewhere like The Perfumed Court sells them.  I would try it first to avoid disappointment.
  • Complexion: NW20 (cool light), normal-to-dry
  • Eyes: Blue-gray
  • Hair: Silver; thin, fine, straight
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce